Sign in to follow this  
duckling

The infamous Mr Moustache

Sometime ago, I called Hung Brother with regards to the stock availability of the HD650, they told me it's out of stock and probably need another 2 weeks for the new stocks to arrived. At that point of time, the guy quoted me $800+. I was shocked when I heard the price because I knew someone got it for $550. He told me that the pricing was quoted wrongly by the agent and the new stock would cost > $800.

Just 2 weeks ago, I happened to be at Hung Brother thus ask for the demo of HD650. The following is our conversation:

Me: Do you have the HD650 and how much does it cost?

Hung Brother (HB): It's out of stock, new stock would arrive approximately in few weeks time. It's about $850.

Me: How about the HD600, do you have stock?

HB: Yes, we do have the HD600.

Me: Can I demo it?

HB: Huh? You want to demo ah? You want the HD650 or HD600? Do you know the cost of HD600 or not!!

Me (I was surprised at the way he is questioning): I wanted the HD650 but since you do not have stock, I would like to demo the HD600 and would buy it if it sound nice to me.

HB (pointing at the Headphone rack): You can check out the Headphone there...

Me: You mean the HD600 is there?

HB: Not the HD600 but the HD590 is there...

Me: I wanted to demo the HD600 not HD590.

HB: They both sound the same lah!!

(With the above, I thank him and left the shop).

It was a pretty sh*tty encounter to me and with this kind of attitude, there are many people still recommended Hung Brother - I wonder what is going on... mad.gif

Sometime ago, I called Hung Brother with regards to the stock availability of the HD650, they told me it's out of stock and probably need another 2 weeks for the new stocks to arrived. At that point of time, the guy quoted me $800+. I was shocked when I heard the price because I knew someone got it for $550. He told me that the pricing was quoted wrongly by the agent and the new stock would cost > $800.

Just 2 weeks ago, I happened to be at Hung Brother thus ask for the demo of HD650. The following is our conversation:

Me: Do you have the HD650 and how much does it cost?

Hung Brother (HB): It's out of stock, new stock would arrive approximately in few weeks time. It's about $850.

Me: How about the HD600, do you have stock?

HB: Yes, we do have the HD600.

Me: Can I demo it?

HB: Huh? You want to demo ah? You want the HD650 or HD600? Do you know the cost of HD600 or not!!

Me (I was surprised at the way he is questioning): I wanted the HD650 but since you do not have stock, I would like to demo the HD600 and would buy it if it sound nice to me.

HB (pointing at the Headphone rack): You can check out the Headphone there...

Me: You mean the HD600 is there?

HB: Not the HD600 but the HD590 is there...

Me: I wanted to demo the HD600 not HD590.

HB: They both sound the same lah!!

(With the above, I thank him and left the shop).

It was a pretty sh*tty encounter to me and with this kind of attitude, there are many people still recommended Hung Brother - I wonder what is going on... mad.gif

That is why I never buy things from Hung Brothers, I rather buy it from Jan Meier and it may cost more. I prefer to put them out of business.

hmmm....i didnt encounter this kind of attitude before.

they have been quite nice to me.

maybe u should approach the lady salesperson instead.

My experience with Hung Bros is quite varied and to some extend depends on who serves you. The young guy tends to be quite impatient when I bought my PX100. The moustache guy was quite obliging and allowed me to demo both HD600 and DT880s, but face changed when I decided that I needed more time to decide. Guess they try to strike a balance between wooing potential real buyers whilst discouraging people from trying out without buying.

Edited by Scriberex

There was a young short guy who was very friendly to me. The young tall one was bochap and the moustache guy also a bit rude. Last time I wanted to demo the creek amp he insisted that I bring my own headphones. I told him clearly there is a DT931 right there, same as what I have, just let me demo that. He refused. wacko.gif

imo, that moustache guy is having a negative impact on their business.

I had quite a bad experience with the moustache guy sometime last yr. After that I stopped patronising the shop already sleep.gif

yes!

I was totally put off by the moustache guy too.

When I was browsing through at the KOSS products then slowly towards the more expensive AT and Senns, he gave an attitiude.

I always thought he's one of the Bros.

I also had a bad experience with the moustache guy...

i was enquiring about the AT-A900 and instead got a lecture about how the product doesnt exist.

I also had a bad experience with the moustache guy...

i was enquiring about the AT-A900 and instead got a lecture about how the product doesnt exist.

Last yr, this was what happened.

I went there to enquire about the W1000 ( it had already been released then). Then the moustache guy said, no, there was no such model. He went on to 'lecture' me, "every year Audio Technica only released 1 model.This W100 is the latest one."

I wanted to say, " last one?? Go check www.audio-technica.co.jp now and see the new model." But I decided that I was getting abit rude , so I left. Certainly he didn't know his products well rolleyes.gif

Then a few months later, I came to check the DT880. He wouldn't let me audition it rolleyes.gif

That was the last time I would ever step my feet into the shop. The other guys are OK, but the moustache guy is certainly affecting the shop's business. Just a peek at this thread will reflect on how he has degenerated Hung Bro's name.

eh i was there 2 weeks ago asking for etys filters. i think it was a moustache guy who served me, maybe around age 40. he was very nice to me when he offered to look for the filters behind his shop and kindly said he doesn't have them at the moment.

are there many moustache guys in hung bro?

This reminds me of my horrible experience trying to get my friend a digital camera from Sim Lim Square. Many vendors quote prices based on how gullible you look.

One of the first store I went to quote me a price that was - at it turns out - $100 lower than the other stores. But, of course I didn't know the price for that model in S'pore at the time and so I had to "shop" around to get a feel for the price.

When I returned to him, the bloody dude said that he cannot sell the camera to me for the earlier quoted price because I didn't trust him?!!! He accused me of "losing his face" by not trusting him and buying the camera from him when I first arrived. Then - showing his true colors - he proceeded to tell me that he would consider giving it to me at the lower price if I buy $200 worth of accessories from his store.

Man... if there weren't assault and battery laws, I would have trashed that punk. Never been so freaking angry in my life. Come to Thailand... I'll show you a "real good time." GRRHHHH!! mad.gifmad.gif

Thankfully I didn't have that much "bad" experience at Hung Bros, maybe cos when I was looking for cans, I dealt with their temp - Esther (actually one of the Hung Bros nieces) and she was very accomodating, even though I was trying out 4 cans and didn't buy till later.

I think there's actually 2 guys with moustache, one more obvious(and taller) than the other(younger). The younger guy was nice to deal with too.

The other lady(Hung sister) is not very friendly, although she did oblige my request to test the W1000.