Blues

What's after EMP , ablaze?

Woah ablaze, saw you selling the emp pro(now sold) in head-fi gear sale/trade!

lol.. I wonder what's next?

no lah. after what you all posted about how much I seem to be buying, kinda made me think how my spending's gone a lil outta hand these couple of months. blush.gif running straight out of my Revolution card now. sure, the EMP was better than running it straight out of my source (I think there's some cmoy-ish amp in the sound card?) but to me, its really not $1000 worth of difference man. sleep.gif going straight out of my sound card now..or until some really cheapish amp turns up thats really affordable. happy.gif

for now, quite happy, cos least now I know how a $1k amp will sound like with my CD3Ks. curiosity satisfied, and final decision made yes.gif

btw, turns out my M-audio Revo drives my headphones more than adequately without any additional aid. at 50% of the max volume, its almost as loud as I could ever listen to my headphones already. CD3Ks' efficiency rox hehe wub.gif

yeap... definately if the improvement is subtle, just sell it.

lol.. 1k is alot of money !!!

You got 1K for it?! Result! w00t.gif It didn't even stay with you for one month? Unbelievable... I was so looking forward to hearing it, ah well, maybe someone else would take the plunge.

How long till the bug bites again? Place your bets now... tongue.gif

My prediction would be in less than a mth..... . .. . ... ... .....

Ablaze "Hey, guys check my new stuffs out"............"Nah, dun worry this is my last purchase for sure"

unsure.gif

Hard to put a time on it I guess but I'd say I'm sure we'll hear something when he gets offered something for a 'steal' again. Maybe we should help ablaze by insisting that he tell us of these bargains so that he will be able to resist it longer. biggrin.gif

Just kidding ablaze, hope you don't think we're all ganging up on you! Laughter is the best medicine as they say.

i think ablaze did the right choice. his cd3000s are very easily driven. and $1k is not really worth the last 10% in improvements with his revo soundcard. maybe after he gets a proper cd player?

Previously when I asked him, he told me that he's a person whom believed very much in soundcard and with his plentiful of MP3s, (his harddisks total up to 240GB), it will take quite a while before he settle for a proper CDP.

lol. all of you... biggrin.gif

yeah, I MIGHT succumb. I'm not making any proclamations that I'll stay unamped forever wink.gif

BUT, for now, its nice to sit on a large pile of money and feel a little less poor, and yet, to still have all my music, albeit at a slight compromise. for now, its time to just.."enjoy the music" headphone.gif

Previously when I asked him, he told me that he's a person whom believed very much in soundcard and with his plentiful of MP3s, (his harddisks total up to 240GB), it will take quite a while before he settle for a proper CDP.

you're quite right. I don't think I might ever move out of comp-based music listening. How many of you can laze back a few metres away and control everything, including the volume control, with a remote control? with a PC, its all possible laugh.gif

and I've moved on from mp3s to lossless compression now wink.gif

Lol!! We will be waiting for your next purchase ablaze!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

thats something worrying. thats why I have 3x80gbs..instead of 1x240gb..but still it can happen I guess huh.gif