Sign in to follow this  
Blues

Loth-X Amaze

I know this is a headphone forum.. but .. tongue.gif

Yeah.. so has anyone heard the Loth-X Amaze? how does it sound?

I am mainly interested due to its high sensitivity(96dB) and that means my Cyber30 can be used as the amp biggrin.gif .

Why don't you take your amp down and give it a listen. 96db may not be sensitive enough. I have only heard their older series and the lower end ones were not too good. The mid-priced ones were better. But I havent heard these per se so...ymmv.

Audio Note makes some decent speakers for around the 1k - 2k price bracket.

Hrm... budget around <$1k for the spikz.. sad2.gif

that's why I only have a few option for easily driven speakers. Nevertheless, I may be going down soon to try with my amp. hrm.. btw, where is the 'showroom' ? tongue.gif

Is it burlington sq? biggrin.gif

thanks

Being a SG product, why is it still so expensive there?

First compared to most horn speaker types (folded or otherwide) it aint expensive. And 2nd it because of the laws of demand and supply, it isnt a mass hi-fi product - no horn speakers are.

N@Z aorry about this something when wrong, somthing is screwy. I quoted but it changed your post hmm...sorry abt editing your post

Edited by Rameish

Yes, I'm back. FYI there is a shop on the 3rd or fourth floor just next to a second hand dealer that have the LothX series + the Omegas full range speakers. Alternatively you can checkout the Klipschs at Tat Chuan Audio on the ground floor of Adelphi.

The Loth-x Amaze is quite good IMO. I have heard them driven by a 300B SET, 4 watters playing some dire straits and jazzy stuff and it sounded nice. No deep punchy bass (usually full range spiks dun do that either) but very pleasant and relaxing sound.

I have no idea how it will sound with Cyber30 amp tho, but the best way to find out is to bring your amp and test drive them. I have spoken to some loth-x guys and they are nice people.

The last time i heard them was a couple of months back and it was at burlington square and there should be one in adelphi as describe by N@Z.

If you are at Burlington square, you can also drop by Martin Electronics. Martin custom make some full range speakers with Lowther drivers, they are not cheap but you can get a idea of what is the characteristic of a full range sound. Mrs Vong is very friendly and never pushy, they have some nice DIY kit as well.

Happy hunting and enjoy the music. party.gif

Edited by wishlist

I've not heard it myself but based on hearsay, this pair of speakers fair especially well with tube amps.

Those who have heard the LothX Amaze speakers, how would you best describe the sound in terms of headphones (bar the soundstage of course)? Etys? AKG K501?