tee

Tivoli

Great news and nice pictures, BobaFett ! Could i just check with you whether the stocks for Portable Audio Laboratory (PAL) and Model Three have arrived as well ? wink.gif

Excellent looking equipment, is it real wood trim & can it be had in a different shade (darker)

Well, it would more of choices in color combination :

Cobalt/Cherry

Hunter/Maple

Classic/Walnut

Silver/White

wink.gif

I've linked the other photos (excluding the Cobalt/cherry which was already linked in pg 1) for anyone too lazy too click on the link.

Hunter/Maple

user posted image

Classic/Walnut

user posted image

Silver/white

user posted image

Not sure which one I like of the three...

I have made my choice yesterday for the cobalt/cherry color combination. When you hook up to your 75ohms antenna cable, the magic spell begins.........never before have i come across a table-top radio with that kind of warm, sound quality of adequate bass .......the turning knob is simply nice to use. Price wise is not cheap at about S$235. wink.gif

And i got myself a nice little pearl white PAL :

P A L - P o r t a b l e A u d i o L a b o r a t o r y

Bte, the shop is located at #02-33 at Adelphi.

Tel : 63380121

Try it ! wink.gif

thanks! gotta try these someday

How is the 'feel' of the gear driven tuning knob tee? I'm beginning to like the classic/walnut trim. I have a soft spot for the old style radio that granny used to listen to... those were the days... sleep.gif everything used to be so much simpler.

silver one for me!! cool!!

Model Two is for S$399 (before arguing with the salesman) but comes only in wood shade. Model Subwoofer is $199. The sound is good even though the speakers are really tinny ... Model One is better looking though ....

Yes, N@Z, naturally you have to put your fingers there to feel the truth....just like other instances in life....Actually, i find the sound of PAL equally if not more powerful than Model One, although it is smaller in size. You have to listen to it believe. Its portability is another strength that i treasure now that i could bring it to pool side for sun-taning. Pretty young girls from neighbours were all attracted to this little cute white thing, some were even lured to touch it after giving me a smile. I think this sensation is already worth the cash foregone. My mood actually rejuvenated further with a feel of abundance......i got not just SR-404 Signature, but also laid my hand on Ortho Spectrum's Musicalisers (both ML-206 and HML-230) for a home trial from the very nice gentleman Kitazawa san of RTL Audio. My friend also brought his Bit88 for me to test out while at Adelphi, i met another nice gentleman that has an indulgence in tubed tuners (Lux, Dynaco...) for which i intend to intensify my search going forward. wink.gif

Everything is going your way tee... ppth.gif

Thanks N@Z.....only if i could have more time and can live without sleep... wink.gif

What... & not be able to dream about Kylie (or insert Sandy/fav. personality here)?!