Northern Oak

Newbie need help

After getting hook into Head-Fi, I am starting to get really interested. To begin with, can anyone recommend a portable and another home amp? It would be good if you can give me directions on where to get them. Thanks.

I have a D66SL but looking forward to get an AKG K501

Northern Oak,

I have several amps for you to try - as well as headphones. The whole corda line of course because I am the Singapore Rep and a Grado RA-1 and Creek OBH 11 SE (revised B-serial number version). I also have an Airhead which a friend has.

Rameish

You mentioned at your post in Head-Fi that you are in talk with beyer distributor, any outcome? It would be good to the community if we can have a no oblgation trial with Corda head amp without the need of going down to the retail shops and suffering from "see-me-no-up" and "care-less" attitudes. unsure.gif

Northern Oak:

If you decide to let go of your D66SL let me know.

I figured as much... it was worth a try biggrin.gif

Northern Oak,

I have several amps for you to try - as well as headphones. The whole corda line of course because I am the Singapore Rep and a Grado RA-1 and Creek OBH 11 SE (revised B-serial number version). I also have an Airhead which a friend has.

Rameish, thanks for offerring me a chance to try the amps but I would have to see if I have anytime. I do find that the price the Porta Corda to be a bit steep ...

unless you wanna DIY, I think the corda range is right up there with all the good amps smile.gif

If that's the case, I think I would want to give the Corda amps a try then.

happy.gif Yes indeedy thanks for the plug gryphon1972 but unfortunately he won't be able to audition it since I'm all the way on the 'Savage' Island of Borneo.

I can't say whether the CHA47 or Total Airhead will be what he/she is looking for in terms of sound. I've only heard it on Senn HD600, Grado RS-1, Etys ER-4S, Grado SR-80, Koss KSC-35 & Senn MX-400.

The CHA47 will work fine on both portable or home use but the TAH can't be used on a high output source as I noticed the amp clips even at low volumes. Can be cured by using attenuators on the interconnects though.

Original plan was to bring all the portable amps to Spore for a future head-fi meet & might even sell it off to interested partied but things change, I need the money sooner than expected.

I have not tried the TAH but I would say that the CHA47 is an amp that is smooth sounding.....helps to reduce some listening fatigue.....not to say that it lacks detail though......

Northern Oak......if you are interested....can arrange a audition with my CHA47 happy.gif

Edited by gryphon1972

Wow guys, thanks alot. I see that there's alot of friendly people in this forum. Nice!!!

gryphon1972, thanks for the offer, would keep in mind. Thanks!!!

BTW, N@Z, just for you to let you know, I am a he rolleyes.gif

Right on Brother!

Just had to be PC (politically correct) there. happy.gif