Northern Oak

Newbie need help

I have read some reviews about the Porta Corda II and I am pretty impressed by it but just want to confirm that it can run on external DC supply, heard that it have a be a linear power supply.

BTW, will it be able to drive the AKG K501 well ? And can anyone tell me where I can get the AKG K501, in Singapore, including a rough estimate of the price?

Rameish, I will SMS you regarding the audition of PC II.

Edited by Northern Oak

Northern Oak,

I will try and communicate with Evil-Zen of Head-Fi to get his K501 (no promises but I'll try). My prices reflect the cost of TT as well. So if you were to buy from Jan, you would incur these charges - S$30. So with me you are actually paying less. Also do take note that xe.com rates and bank rates do differ - always higher never lower :-) (likewise for paypal rates etc).

So €175 is S$33X (depending on x-change rate) add the TT and it becomes S$36X. And my price is S$350 (BTW it used to be S$320 when the rate was lower - ask Bulkie of Head-Fi he bought one at that price). That was when the Euro was 1.81 now its 1.89. The difference is a price of a CD and some batteries :-) And even if you use USD it works out more.

Northern Oak, I'm just explaining it here that's all, not upset or anything.

Elmo,

Yes I am talking to the Beyer distributor but I wonder if people will buy from me after listening or go to Hung and buy it there for 10 bucks less. With Corda it's different as I am the only official rep in Singapore. As you can see from above even though my PCII price is actually S$10 less than what you need to pay meier audio to get it people don't understand. They don't take into account paypal + odens commission or TT charges. I'm not upset, I wish I could sell it at a lower price but I really can't.

I would like to add that when you buy from overseas there is no way of knowing what it sounds like before you receive it. Some places do not accept returns while for others you would lose the shipping charges both ways. So since a company like headroom only ships via fed-ex you would lose the US$35 - 38 (approx S$60 to S$70) to ship an airhead and then have to pay the S$28 or so for returning the product (a total loss of $95 plus). Also I have opened up a demo PreHead, HA-2, HA-1, PCII and Analoguer for people to audition. Why do you think Hung doesn't allow people to audition their S$4XX plus DT-880? Or any of the other more upmarket cans? It would cost them more. Plus, what's the use of the demo at such places? The cans would not be run in, the amp will not be run in and the source will not be run in and the interconnects will not be run in. The sound will be ouch - bright, brittle and will not be what you'll end up with anyway.

My method of doing this is the more professional way. The equipment are all run in and you are welcome to bring your headphones and source (of course music as well). Then you listen at your own pace with your own phones and music. A sound decision can then be made.

Lets me ask you guys this: why does a £149 (inclusive of UK's 17.5% VAT) amp like the X-Cans which should cost only £126 after you minus VAT (S$352 approx) cost S$450 plus 4% GST? (S$468). I bet you forgot about GST right? ;-) And you consider that a good price deal??? I'm not charging $S100 plus more, or $50 more or even $10 more. In fact my price on the PCII saves you S$10.

Complain, complain, complain. Anyway, that's the end of my long explanation. Phew. Plus I'm a nice and friendly guy (not shy lah) - ask Ablaze, Bulkie, Dreamslacker, Evo, Evil-Zen, etc etc.

Please, do drop by and experience my friendly hospitality for yourself. Not pushy even if you don't buy. Disappointed maybe but never upset :-).

hey, mm..any UK stores you know that actually sell the X-can V2 at 126pounds? where its order-able I mean.

I see it here..http://www.movement-audio.co.uk/pricelist.html 149pounds, including VAT. minus VAT, plus shipping its at least 149pounds still what..thats pretty close to the S$450 from the local dealer what. If its not a good deal, I'd say its at least a fair deal.. sleep.gif

It sure is.

BTW Rameish, if you don't mind me asking, where are you doing all this? Do people come over to your house or do you have a shop?

N@Z,

From home.

Ablaze,

Let's see ¡ò126 X 2.75 = S$346.5. Add ¡ò15 (S$41.25) for shipping and you get S$387.75. Ya I guess S$450 is not bad laugh.gif I guess I should sell the PCII for S$400 (joking only) and people will say not bad what. BTW the 15 UKP shiping is/was for an actual purchase of the Creek OBH11SE with OBH 2 power supply which is heavier than the X-Cans V2.

what IS the weight of the Creek? last time I saw the Creek, the thing didn't feel like 300gm! rolleyes.gif

edit: i got more to say actually..but i think i'll just leave you with the last word sleep.gif

I think hung brothers has them. But i got mine at People's Audio in People's Park. Can't remember how much though. Between $200 and $250.