Sign in to follow this  
juz4fun

Ipod

Hi,

where ie the best place to get an ipod? in terms of price. Which model should I go for? Is the ipod mini worth waiting for? I don't really have a big collection & probably about 500 songs. Thks

dont go for the ipod mini as it is a pos imo... and if you are spending that kind of money you might as well wait for hi-md that is coming out in June (hopefully). 1gb remevable storage and easy to use, maintain.

you might want to look to teamdigital.net as they have a range of ipods/irivers and a couple of other products, but not sure if they are the cheapest though

Seiko citizen, will the hi-md format be able to use existing files like MP3, WAV etc?

You can get the Ipod 15 GB at Bits Bytes at Sim Lim Square Level 3 for $515 if i did not remember wrongly, because i asked when i was buying my Muvo2 1.5GB. for more Ipod and Ipod mini information you can go www.ipodlounge.com for more reviews which may help you to decide which Ipod suits your needs better.

HI-MD specs.

I'm not advocating the use of 'friendly' version of mp3s but due to Sony copyright(assuming HI-MD is by Sony). The mobility of songs are quite restircted. This from what i've read in the link above.

IIRC, Sonic Stage 2 has done away with the check-in/check-out system for the songs stored on the PC. Thus with this change, transferring of songs becomes less of a hassle.

However, Hi-MD players' battery consumption is rather high and battery life is short.

Seiko citizen, will the hi-md format be able to use existing files like MP3, WAV etc?

afaik yes... it can, but only thru the sony sonicstage2 program. also another thing is the lack of support for other computer files... all files need to be transfered thru the sonicstage2 program

yeah i got the Muvo2 1.5 GB too. i personally feel its a more worthwhile buy than the Ipod, but if you have the cash, Ipod wont hurt at all. Ive also read around that the sound quality of the Muvo2 is very good, can any1 confirm this? somehow music sounds the same to me no matter what source i play from lol