Sign in to follow this  
kurqa

which is THE ONE for strings?

guys its me again..now for strings! i kinda like a certain genre of guitar music...not really new age but a little of it...more of neuvo flamenco (think gypsy sur, ottmar liebert, armik) and the likes of latin guitar. look forward to buying more such cds in the future so perhaps i need a good recommendation for headphones best suited to strings too..? what do u guys think?? i need all the guidance i can get..perhaps u include comments on the phones u guys own yea..hope u all have fun contributing and thanks again!!!

For classical music both HD600 and AKG501 are OK. IMHO HD600 is more relax to listen to, and definitely fast enough to reproduce the sonic characteristics of guitar.

strings..

u've got 2 options:

Beyerdynamic DT880 or Sony CD3000

both render strings very nicely..

I know because I listen alot to acoustic instruments and that's one of my judging criteria before buying headphone tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

thank you fellas...how about the dt931? and are the grado sr80s good too?? u see...i intend to move slowly up the scale...right now i have the dt231 and akg k100...intend to buy the hd497 and the dt931 soon...and then finally...say over the next 1 to 2 years...a grado, dt880, k501 and finally the hd600/650...i know it sounds silly but i dont wanna "spoil" my hearing expectations too soon wacko.gif

Might as well save up and get a good pair instead...because different cans have different sound signatures so u might not like what u have bought. Try and audition the cans first to see which suit your tastes.

guys its me again..now for strings! i kinda like a certain genre of guitar music...not really new age but a little of it...more of neuvo flamenco (think gypsy sur, ottmar liebert, armik) and the likes of latin guitar. look forward to buying more such cds in the future so perhaps i need a good recommendation for headphones best suited to strings too..? what do u guys think?? i need all the guidance i can get..perhaps u include comments on the phones u guys own yea..hope u all have fun contributing and thanks again!!!

Stax 4040 or Stax Omega