Sign in to follow this  
ckng

Strange Phenomenon

Hi,

I have this strange phenomenon on my home PC. The first time I boot up, I am unable to visit sgheadphones. In office, I can access sgheadphones without any problems.

BUT after I make a trip to head-fi and read any one of the postings, I suddenly can access sgheadphones again! sleep.gif

Anyone else experience this? I am on Maxonline 1500 and using IE 6 on XP.

Regards

CK

well for my case is that it took a few minute to open the sgheadphone main page ... ! but once inside the forum ... it took pretty fast to load the thread ! i dunno why .. but it happens everytime when i am trying to access sgheadphone ! ... i am using maxonline 1500 too ! cool.gif

I am using Maxonline 1500 too. And in the office, using ST BIZ broadband. I do not have that problem. Are you guys using it through some firewall, or your router is logging things? Usually, if the firewall or router logs web access, things can slow down when you are going to a site for the first time. First time as in first time in a couple of hours or something like that.

err...turned off the firewall and not behind a router and i still get the same thing...i suppose its a maxonline thing only maybe.... i try to go on the site a 1-2 hours later and still it takes a few mins to get to the main page...but once on the page everything loads normally and quickly...

maxonline3000, no such problem.

Let me digress a little. maxonline3000 is a hoax, its not even 50% faster than maxonline1500. Singnet1500 ADSL is nearly as fast in terms of download large files (just 10-20k behind) and twice as fast in websurfing speed (Duh! ADSL). Damn!

OK sorry for my rantings blink.gif

You know cable modem speeds are determined by the number of pple sharing the same bandwidth for a certain area right? If I am not mistaken, it's something like one 10 MBPS bandwidth for 10 units or thereabouts. So if there are only 2 person using it, you will be able to use up to your 1.5MBPS or 3MBPS since 10MBPS shared by 2 is 5MBPS. But if 10 pple are sharing it, each one limited to only 1 MBPS, regardless of whether you are on 1.5 or 3.

I am still having the problem, looks like other Maxonline 1500 users also has the same "slow initial page load" problem. Once loaded, everything is instant.

If I leave it on for long enough, it loads. If I go to head-fi and read a thread, and re-open sgheadphones, it loads instantly. And I just did it before I came in. smile.gif

Very, very strange.

Regards

CK

Like peekarwe, I am on Maxonline 1500 as well, but I ain't experiencing the abovementioned troubles with accessing SGH. Perhaps it might be region-specific, I am in the North btw. Where are the rest of you who are having the problems?

If it makes any difference I from overseas on ADSL & have no such problems accessing SHG first time either on my PC (Opera) or Mac (Safari).

Like peekarwe, I am on Maxonline 1500 as well, but I ain't experiencing the abovementioned troubles with accessing SGH. Perhaps it might be region-specific, I am in the North btw. Where are the rest of you who are having the problems?

Yes, there is possibility that it is region specific. Granted that in Woodlands, the population might be lower or maybe less broadband takeup, the situation might be better.

But thinking about it, if the subsequent pages loads fast, it's probably not about load. My thought is still the possiblity of caching and fire-walling but someone has already proven that it's not the case.

I am in the East (Tampines). And I successfully came in via the head-fi trick. laugh.gif

Regards

CK

i am on the east too @ happy.gif