tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Just saw the new 350D today. Didn't realise how small it is till I saw it next to the 20D. I can only imagine how odd & out of proportion it would look fitted with some of Canon's own large telephoto lenses. Still, looks cute though with the kit lens & may be of interest for those who are discouraged by DSLR's typical size & weight.

thx rips w00t.gif ..

N@z: my usual workflow is autolev/contrast(sometimes I manually curve if I can't get what I want) then push up or down the saturation depending on what kind of mood I want to achieve.. then usually boost the contrast abit more(depends) and finally UnSharpenmask.

Last step is to use channel mixer or sometimes virtual photog if too lazy biggrin.gif .. mix mix see which kind of effect /colour. hope these help w00t.gif

oh ya btw do u guys find this series posted all underexposed? coz when I showed it to my friend he said so which I don't believe .. alr tested on my housemates monitor.. all look ok.. hmm wacko.gifunsure.gif

probably the first pic because yer metering the sky as well... but the rest seems to be in line with the sombre mood of the series

Thanks blues.

The shots do look under exposed to me but in this case it works because of the mood it conveyed.

The architectural shot of the armenian church has exposure problems bec you camera is seeing an almost pure white subject with the sky in the background. To get correct exposure, point your camera to grass take exposure reading and shoot using that exposure. Alternatively increase exposure by 2 stops and bracket. This 2 methods would have given you pure whites. OTOH, if you like what you are seeing in the picture and wish to intensify it then underexpose it a bit further.

There is of course the 3rd alternative, use B&W filters - either a Red or Orange B&W filter would have made the shot more dramatic.

Nice shot blues man.

As for you "running away" instead of signing the guessbook well..guyferd cookie blues is a long name ;-) Plus! That's just part of your name isnt it LOL

I think you need a new name lah - how about Nikonose as you seem to poke your camera everywhere in sg LOL. Keep it up blues...buying a camera is for using it.

Maybe you wanna get real serious and do a themed shoot over several weekends. You already have 2 "religion" shots (albeit one about UOB bank). Maybe the upcoming vesak day would be a good time to visit kusu island. But beware of pirates ya - they may hijack your ferry boat and take you and your Nikon for ransom - Kidding only ya?

nikonose lol.giflol.gif ....

btw nice tips on the orange&red filter.. maybe I will try them out one day to see the effect that u were talking laugh.gif

The armenian trip is fun.. save for the mosquito having a feast on me and my friend N3w_typ3 innocent.gif ..

I am already planning to shoot with a theme.. will try to work on that hehe.. nowadays the only real time I have with the cammy is weekend wacko.gif

A bugs life laugh.gif caught in the kitchen sink

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

no bug was hurt or kill in this shoot tongue.gif

party.gif excellent shot rips

the tamron is really sharp

good shots rips, really sharp and well composed.

A bugs life  laugh.gif caught in the kitchen sink

I sure hope bugs in your sink is not a common occurence! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edit: What DID you do to the bug anyway? I notice you said no bugs were harmed. I'd have squashed them like a cockroach!!Flushed them down the toilet! Spray insecticide on them! Crush them with a rolled newspaper! Muhahahaha. lol.gif

Edited by av98m

That's the thing with bugs, they look horrible up close.