Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Nice Casing

Hi all,

I need a casing with dimension 20 x 25 cm (front panel 25 cm) and 5-6 cm height.

I want a nice one. Anybody know where to get those casing in Singapore?

I know digi can help, but he is in China, I can only see the casing from fotos, and payment also a bit difficult. I would like to inspect the casing before I buy it.

What is it for? Why so big? ohmy.gif

I plan to build two headphone amps soon (for me and my brother). The circuitry drawing almost finalized. wink.gif

It is a box with 2 headphone outputs and 1 pre out. No selector, so only one input.

The first output will come from PPA circuit design, with modified power supply and buffer protection. The fuses for buffer protection make the overall board big. I don't use PPA board, so I cannot call it PPA, probably Jung's Multiloop Non-Inverting will be a better name.

The second output will be from LM6171, a simple non-inverting with buffered input to make the input impedance match, to avoid output offset. The circuit is to be tested soon (it is my own idea, so I haven't seen people tried it yet).

The pre out will use the same circuit as LM6171, but independent. I heard from the forum LM6171 is a very good pre amp as well. To bad I don't have power amp to test it no.gif

It will be AC powered, with toroid transformer, so I need some space here.

Thanks for any advice! grado.gif

Bram

Best bet would be to walk around simlim tower...i hear they sell lots of cases around there..

Thanks guys! SLT has a lot of casings, but cheap and not nice. The components already cost more than SGD 300.-, so I'm not supposed to put it in SGD 10.- casing right? wink.gif

Farnell has good casings, but also very expensive. The Hammond 1455 is nice and affordable, but not big enough for my project.

There one stainless steel casing from farnell, a bit bigger than what I need, pretty nice look, but cost around SGD 160.- wacko.gif

Here is the picture of the stainless steel casing:

user posted image

If possible I'm looking for good casing ranging around SGD 40 - 80 (max).

Edited by bpribadi

Thanks guys! SLT has a lot of casings, but cheap and not nice. The components already cost more than SGD 300.-, so I'm not supposed to put it in SGD 10.- casing right? wink.gif

You'd be surprised. I bought a nice case from SLT for $29. It's like a small rackmount chassis about D32cm * W22cm * H10cm. Powder coated black and with a 2mm thick steel faceplate too boot.

All 6 sides + faceplate are held together by screws. It definitely doesn't look like a cheap case in any way at all. I guess you just have to look around more closely to find the gems.

Try get alu casing. They are cheaper and easy to drill.

Yeap! Alu is easier yes.gif The stainless steel casing shown above has 3mm alu panel for front and back.

You'd be surprised. I bought a nice case from SLT for $29. It's like a small rackmount chassis about D32cm * W22cm * H10cm. Powder coated black and with a 2mm thick steel faceplate too boot.

May I know where did you get it from?

Thanks!

Bram,.. why dun u try at Martin Electronics../next to Well audio ..... they do have some hammonds... that should be cheaper than farnell.

All 6 sides + faceplate are held together by screws. It definitely doesn't look like a cheap case in any way at all. I guess you just have to look around more closely to find the gems.

Firefox,

Are you referring to this type of casing? Can get from Bytetron, 4th floor SLS. The auntie boss is friendly.

user posted image

Wah, jtfoo, your amp looks nice leh, can share some naked pics or not? TIA.

Wow, I never seen that casing in SLT. Looks solid and profesional happy.gif I think I haven't browse SLT well enough.

Thanks for the info guys! I will try Martin and Bytetron to see what they have yes.gif

Edited by bpribadi

Bram...

the one that jtfoo mention is not SLT..but SL Square ,... 4th floor..

i bought my gainclone casing there.... tongue.gif ...

but it's not pre-drilled....so enjoy the exercise with drill and puncher... party.gif

Wow, I never seen that casing in SLT. Looks solid and profesional happy.gif I think I haven't browse SLT well enough.

Thanks for the info guys! I will try Martin and Bytetron to see what they have yes.gif

Bytetron is in SLS, not SLT. She has other not so nice looking casing too. But to be honest, I don't really like the look of that casing, just that it's cheap and look better than most of the SLT casing. If got money I would go for the anodised silver aluminium, for more than $100 at Larry HiFi.

Firefox,

Are you referring to this type of casing? Can get from Bytetron, 4th floor SLS. The auntie boss is friendly.

user posted image

Yea. That's the type of casing but I bought mine at SLT, 3rd storey. The shop's called Bell, I think. Mine is deeper and taller but less wide than the one in the picture. IIRC, the piece in your picture is about $20 at the same shop.