Barradio

Sony V6 sale at Yahoo

hey.. that's quite a good price.70 us dollars.. it's abt 100-120 sin dollar. QUite cheap compared to some of the v6 being sold in sony spore.. 200 dollars I think.. killer price sad2.gif

Unfortunately FedEx international is the only method of shipping so it will be a little bit more expensive than normal.

Headroom charges a minimal ~US$40 (upwards over the initial weight limit) per package no matter how small.

Unfortunately FedEx international is the only method of shipping so it will be a little bit more expensive than normal.

Headroom charges a minimal ~US$40 (upwards over the initial weight limit) per package no matter how small.

hmmm...tat all adds up to abt US$110???is it still a good deal???

That's just a tad under SG$200, unless their shipping cost is much less than that it might no be worth the hassle & risk involved. I've never bought from them so I'm only speculating but based on experience with Headroom's shipping via FedEx International, items I ordered from them arrive within 3 to 4 days of payment & confirmation.

Hi,

i have not tried buying electronic stuff online from overseas suppliers. Is the process reliable ? How does the PayPal work ? Pardon me for asking simple question but i think it would be useful for some of our fellow cans-men to be well versed with this approach for future hunting...thanks in advance. wink.gif

Basically, you will need to have a major creditcard inorder to register an account with Paypal. It doesn't cost you anything if you only intend to send payment for purchases. They even give you a US$5 credit upon initially registering. However should you use it to recieve payments then paypal will charge you 3%~4% depending on the mode of payment submitted.

You give them you credit card details once only after that say whenever you want to make payments you send it by keying in the recipient's email address (as used in paypal), the steps are straight forward you just follow the online prompts & fill in the required details. The transaction is fairly immediate & confirmation emails are sent after you send payment.

Simpler process when receiving payments. Once you are allowed to recieve payments you get sent an email from paypal, you logon to your account & click accept.

There's more but you can see for yourself http://www.paypal.com

Concerning reliability of overseas shipping. So far my dealings with the well know companies & even individuals have been very favourable. With only one incident which I did not get my items. If you want to lessen the risk you can insure your item or use EMS or courier but the cost is higher. EMS is reliable & is only a little bit more expensive compared to normal 1st class Airmail. It's all down to who you deal with, if from Head-fi members I'd pretty much say they are ok. Headroom too.

eh if you want to sign up to paypal, use my referrer link https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=KYS8GCMRXBPCJ

no loss to you, $5 to me hehe. well, it goes to support the forum, yeah wink.gif ooh..i'm so shameless ppth.gif

anyway, N@Z's right. so far, in my many dealings, I've had no problems. I usually choose EMS if I can afford it, safer, faster, and trackable online too (so you can check every second where your item is. then you can prepare to welcome your new friend, when you see that its in singapore, ready to be delivered to you wub.gif) if not, at least choose airmail + insurance. insurance's not really necessary, but its usualy a few bucks more only, and you never know what may happen, so...

Oiii... I wanna get into the act too, shameless or otherwise! It's a cut throat world, curde oil a barrel has dropped! innocent.gif

MY PAYPAL

Hehehe... ok ok lets not hijack the thread.

ok ok....dear "Mr Policeman" who is really our teacher and guidance......and dear "Mr Creative Director" : Once i am really to trade online, i will open two accounts at both your referrer links. Meanwhile, i need your guidance on an used OBH-11 (about 1 yr plus old), what is the current fair market price ? wink.gif

Btw, thanks to N@Z and ablaze for sharing the fuseful details on using Paypal system for overseas online purchases. cheers. wink.gif

You don't need to open 2 accounts (unless you really need it!) click on ablaze's, I was just joking, I don't really need it.

I'm not sure about the fair market price for that particular used Creek but if you check through Head-Fi's for sale forum you can search through their current prices & make you decision from there.