ablaze

there's a Stax distributor in singapore right?

who's it ah? and how're the prices compared to audiocubes' price?

just curious. wink.gif

actually, a lil bored. see my custom status.."wow me" it says. truth is, haven't really been wowed recently. I've gone thru quite a lot of stuff, how I remember the early days, when I was new to headphones, and every new acquisition was like "WOW!" ohmy.gif coming from the previous pair of cans. now its like..i'm not bowled over by much. the Sonys sound great, but they've lost their wow factor now. amps..hmm..the EMP was good too, but as before, nothing earth-shattering for me. Stax? hehe..just entertaining the thought biggrin.gif

Have you heard the PreHead/Corda 2 at Rameish's pad? How about giving us some teasers of what it sounds like?

Whenever I lose the wow factor I usually get more CDs. Go to the large chain music stores & go through the racks that you don't normally go to. Be adventurous.

If searching for headphones & new software still doesn't do it for you, try something different... speaker based systems. It might be time for you to move on to REAL soundstage. On good systems you can be amazed of the width, depth & even height of the soundstage. Then there's the imaging, the list goes on... You don't have to buy anything, just go for an audition & see what's available. You've got nothing to lose but your time & possibly money should you aquire any!

Stax Distributor of Singapore

Kingsley Company

1 Coleman Street,

The Adelphi #04-51/52,

Singapore 179803,

Singapore

Tel 65-3379708

Fax 65-3373170

E-Mail desnet@mbox3.singnet.com.sg

Mr.Y.C. Ong

Mr. Desmond Tan

Hi ablaze,

You could also gather more info from stax's address in cyberspace :

S T A X

People from the company (particularly a gentleman by the name of Suzuki san) are very helpful....willing to email me products' manuals and details which are not listed there. wink.gif

thanks guys. will probably drop by sometime just to take a listen

as always..just curious whistling.gif

woah... I can smell an upgrade fever to stax here..

sniff sniff.. lol.giflol.gif

Yes certainly, Guyferd, Stax is another route to sonic heaven......talking about that.....has anyone tried Blue Heaven Interconnect by Nordost before ? wink.gif

I've tried both blue heaven and red dawn. I saw u'd gotten a pair in echoloft right?

yes.....start running in now.......it has got the speed, transparency and bass.....giving a neutral presentation. I am trying to understand the technology behind this flatline product..... wink.gif

mackie what cable r u using now?

do u think I should change? will it make a noticeable improvement given my not so hi end source and so so amp? laugh.gif

but i've got etys which is super detailed though headphone.gif

Guyferd, no need lah. The Monster will serve U well enough as I'd lived with it partnering the 6000ose without quibbles for the price. This cable is tonally balanced across the band. If U wish to soar higher towards sonic heaven, it will cost U more....starting with the $100 mark for aftermarket interconnects.

Currently, I'm using a Klotz GY107 interconnect for my combo as the 9700+X24K has a rather smooth sound and this cable should spice up the mid band and bass sufficiently. I also have an extra pair of Ecosse "The Composer" for the fun of it......good for classical music owing to its wider soundstage and better extensions.

oh ok... the monster cable 300 mkII is quite ex eh.. I checked with tat chuan audio the last time.. they were selling it at 90 dollars ! wow.. I got it from u for 1/3 the price

thks to u

anyway how's tomorrow ? sighz.. if not for the extra class I would be able to make it sad2.gif

maybe next time, if there is... laugh.gif

oak will still be over.....

let me when u are free the next time around...oak wouldn't complain as he stays nearby.

If only I knew U're a rich student, I should've charged U more!!! tongue.gif

Edited by Mackie