Sign in to follow this  
Absolute0

Where to get headphone extension cable?

does the cable extension change/degrade the sound of the cans?

I am thinking of ordering some but worried about the sound changes.

Any comments mack?

I'm surprised how far this thread has progressed. Great to know I'm not alone when RFI interference and to-shield-or-not-to-shield are concerned. Regarding the latter, cables without shielding do offer better dynamics and sound more musical to me but as yet, I would only surrender RFI/EMI protection on speaker cables and power cords.

Goondu: Fundamentally speaking, adding any length of cable to the existing headphone cable will affect the sound but to what degree that's discernible is subjective. With this Canare, I would say I've no qualms in using it with my cans, be it leisure and critical listening. There's no time limit on this power buy but of course I'd prefer to compile orders in bulk. I reckon the first delivery should take place next week (Nov 13 week). FWIW, I will also be experimenting with this cable to work as interconnects. Shall revert with my experience later.

Edited by Mackie

av98m, cool headphone cable, did you diy them yourself? What kind of termination are those? Scary idea to diy your own cables on the DT880.

Edited by heady

Very nice color av98m cool.gif XLR connectors? Wow, can only connect to your own amp w00t.gif Cool!

Which one heavier, the cable or the headphone? tongue.gif

Edited by bpribadi

we're talking about 6 metres of the cable plus the 2 heavy duty xlrs.......should be at most slightly heavier than the cans? (remember the dt-880 is mostly metal tongue.gif )