Sign in to follow this  
Guest drumma

help needed with portable amps!

Guest drumma

i'm willing to pay someone(as long as it's within my budget) and learn from there as the person builds the amp for me. then again, have to be very very patient for me. will ask alot of things i don't know.. i've read and some i really don't understand.

on the other hand, i dun mind paying for a affordable one like headroom or norm's headsave Go-vibe. i thought i've read alot of good reviews bout the go-vibe and how it works well with the senns. just that it seems to me that it's so hard to find portable amps in sg. i've been around sls and adelphi and i can't find those i want.

i wanted a portable because i can't do DIY and i can't find anyone who does DIY.
Ask around here, I'm sure some SGHers can make one for you.

already looked thru.. if u can help, pls reply accordingly to my post.

thanks.

Clearly you haven't done enough research yet as you're jumping from one question into another.

If budget is your main concern, the first key thing you need to ask yourself is how much you are willing to spend. Then only you can decide what sort of amp you can acquire and our advice can be given "accordingly".

If you're undecided on which headphone you are going to acquire then that will introduce an uncertainty into the amp you decide on. Eventhough both headphones are from the same manufacturer it doesn't automatically mean it will sound the same, have the same characteristics or be able to be driven by the same amp. In general, any headphone amp can probably power most headphones to loud levels but does it have the synergy for it to sound good together, that is the key issue.

Guest drumma

i already had some amps in mind.. as mentioned above. but i can't find those amps i want in sg. i can't order also. cos i dun have a credit card.. i know that some amps can't power certain headphones.

forgive me if i sound like i'm leaning alot towards to the Go-vibe.. cos i've read so much bout in head-fi and it is able to drive HD595 and HD600 and people using these 2 cans, reviewed and they like it.

but anyway, thanks for all the help.

Obviously, you have read thru the forums, but u have not read carefully, if you have, you would have seen that most of the headphone amps are not readily found in Singapore. Besides, you still haven't answered the qns everyone has been asking, what is your budget tongue.gif

BTW portable doesn't mean cheaper. Its better if you can decide on the headphone 1st, then we can help you with the amp recommendations.

Guest drumma

hi kenshinz, alrights. the headphone would be a HD595. is there any amps u recommend for below $250? that would be a budget i think i can afford.

thanks.

i wanted a portable because i can't do DIY and i can't find anyone who does DIY. as i've told u, i'm pretty new to all these. also prefers one which uses battery or battery with ac power. laugh.gif

Looks like U hope to end your pursuit promptly and enjoy the music. In which case, Porta Corda II (available HERE should suit your purpose. U might wanna consider Oelbach mini-mini cable which is also sold on the same website.

One more issue, different forums in different geographical locations tend to favour different products owing to availability and value-for-money factors. For instance, Chinese makes such as Original and Cayin are available to us but not our US counterpart. Even if it's available, they might still favour Headsave as it should be cheaper than imported Chinese/British makes.

Edited by Mackie

Guest drumma

just one qns, where can i get portable amps in sg? i dun want to talk bout DIY now...

u r right. i'm quite tired of it now.. dun understand why they have

to flame ppl. anyway thanks for ur help. i know of PC2. but dunno where to get it.

Head amps are far and few in S'pore, let alone portable ones. U gotta look elsewhere as per the suggestions offered in the earlier posts.

anyway thanks for ur help. i know of PC2. but dunno where to get it.
Only at this website as pointed out to U. http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/ Edited by Mackie

lol, i'm very sorrie. last qns ok. so u are a dealer for amps or what? if not, i won't know where to get some amps..

thanks.

Nope I'm not a dealer. I used to bring in for Corda Amps more than a year ago but no longer do so. You'll have to get corda amps from Jan Meier of Meier Audio in Germany directly. I seriously suggest you rethink your headphone choice since a) it's for portable use cool.gif you are on a budget. It would be a crime to get a headphone like Senn HD-600 and power it with a cheap amp and a portable cdp/source.

My best advice would be to go for an Ety 4P and use it directly with your portable source.

BTW the Porta Corda comes with the Oelbach mini-mini cable and a 120 ohm adapter and yes it works well with the Ety 4P. The amp and the Ety should set you back about S$800. A nice system for portable use that can be used at home as well.

smoke.gif