N@Z

What do you do?

Hi,

I work as a Civil engineer (civilian department) with the ministry of defence. What about yourself? Just feeling curious.

Hi all, I am in my final year reading chemical engineering in the Uni of Leeds in UK. Will be graduating in a month time. Any job offers?

Edited by lengcm

Hi,

I work as a Civil engineer (civilian department) with the ministry of defence. What about yourself? Just feeling curious.

DSTA?

What is DSTA huh, dqps ? Maybe i am too old to learn these new acronyms

i am in the business of developing new businesses for my company and also involved in buying and selling companies in the region....big or small.....just like i trade in hi-fi equipment for new and old ones. So far the tougest challenge has been in the new start-ups......when dotcom becomes dotgone, cashflows dominate over revenue multiples, benchmarking over DCF or more simply when fundamentals have returned.

I was an engineer long long time ago. But now my job requires a rojak of domain knowledge in finance, marketing, investment, banking, technologies, scenario crafting, biz plan analysis & risk management, asset valuation, human relations, negotiation & networking. Also, not forgetting the fundamental objectives of executing sound (not "sonic") strategies flawlessly.

My company has been in the news lately...so i have to keep it low profile so that it would not contravene with some strict regulations both here and the US on disclosure issues . What is my line ? wink.gif

Defence Science & Technology Agency

cheers.......

wow....hi tech man ! i thought my friends last time were in DSO, DMO and.......SAFRA. Are they all related ?? wink.gif

If i recall i actually met DGPS once near his work place or rather an office he was at for a while...

Too bad his dept is diff from my service field.

Tee,

You're a... towkay! Sounds like a boss to me, know everything so u know if everyone else is doing their work

wow....hi tech man ! i thought my friends last time were in DSO, DMO and.......SAFRA. Are they all related ?? wink.gif

to fishball, hi there!

tee,

now DMO is known as DSTA

Hi fishball,

i use "my' company to show my commitment to the job, but i don't own the company. The shareholder is the biggest boss in Singapore. What do you do, fishball ? wink.gif

i am in the business of developing new businesses for my company and also involved in buying and selling companies in the region....big or small.....just like i trade in hi-fi equipment for new and old ones. So far the tougest challenge has been in the new start-ups......when dotcom becomes dotgone, cashflows dominate over revenue multiples, benchmarking over DCF or more simply when fundamentals have returned.

I was an engineer long long time ago. But now my job requires a rojak of domain knowledge in finance, marketing, investment, banking, technologies, scenario crafting, biz plan analysis & risk management, asset valuation, human relations, negotiation & networking. Also, not forgetting the fundamental objectives of executing sound (not "sonic") strategies flawlessly.

My company has been in the news lately...so i have to keep it low profile so that it would not contravene with some strict regulations both here and the US on disclosure issues . What is my line ? wink.gif

tee, my guess is u work for Temasek Holdings or GIC. Spot on or way off?

No comments in the open, Mackie happy.gif

What's your line, Mackie ? wink.gif

tee,

I hope to become like that boss, break the chains of mundane salarymen life which im currently studying to become.

Am in QUT, brisbane pursuing a Bacher in IT. I got such a diploma so a degree was a natural extension. I learn alot studying overseas, and its not just in the classrooms... Graduating in late '04, supposedly the time when Singapore is starting to pick up BUT i dont wanna go back.

Hi Fish,

Good to learn about your interests in IT, although you would face huge competition from India and others from North Asia.....staying downunder may be a good idea if you don't mind paying hefty income taxes and yet being deprived of supplies of good headphones and hi-fi gears at reasonable prices there (IMHO). wink.gif

I work in the Aerospace industry.

We provide inflight entertainment system for the commerical aircraft.

If you fly SIA, that's our system onboard.

I am the Account Manager ... not the Excel, count money kind of guy....no, the one who looks after all the needs of my airline customer.

headphone.gif

(Audio)