Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

is grado sr80 better than px200 in terms of detail

did the senheiser headphone pad mod, bass increaased near 50percent sia, reli reli thumpy now, kicks my px200's ass in the bass categpry, did the 50cent mod, bought the headphone pads directly from sennheiser at 7.5, they told me if wanna get, faster get, its gonna be obselete, they're gonna remove this spare part from their inventory

where did u get the 414 pad at $7.5 only?? pls enlighten.. laugh.gif

go sennheiser asia straight, its at alexandra road, i forgot their number, mayb u guys call 100 and ask for sennheiser asia pte ltd, ask for their number, call them up and ask how to go there like how i did,i bought 2 pairs, i used both of them up, the best one i prefer that improves the bass by mayb 10percent and improves clarity alot is by cutting basically a hole the size of the diameter of the cans, den to prevent dirt or particles from goin thru the filter, i used woman stockings and stuff them inbetween the headphone pads, no camera so pretty hard to describe how it looks like, but the sound is reli reli good for music dat is vocals heavy, instrumental kind of music, but if i wanna listen to bass heavy music all i have to do is switch the pads to the other side, the pre cut side (made by sennheiser) will be fitted onto the cans, thus makin the sound bass heavy, thats wad im doin now

Edited by papaya86

That's the best price so far, snap them up guys!

From the information I was provided, SG$18.00 for one (1) pair.

man theres really a number of combinations of audio sound u can get by makin those holes, real hard to find the suitable one for me, some songs sound nicer on one dat has a bigger hole, others sound better on one dat has a smaller hole, real headache finding a satisfied one

Woo Papaya86 then i must compare the PX 200 (mine lol.giflol.gif ) to the SR- 80 .... of yours ! to know how different it sound !! Whahat remember to bring the 2 modded pads !! hor ...

time to compare but i only can compare thought portable setupz haiz ( sorry ) laugh.gif

hehee ... i also wonder how will the Grado's sound to me !! lol.gif

hhehee ... Hung Brothers .. i only go there window Shopping .. if there is anything i want .. i rather look into second hand market or get it from web happy.gif

O.o ya Papaya86 someone is selling a portable amp in the forum classified you can go check it put !! selling for $150 ! ohmy.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

The TotalAirhead from Headroom is actually my preferred amp to use with the SR80 perviously because it helped to reduce the edgy/bright sound.

naz, does it enhance the details and tighten the bass? how does it fare against porta corda cos new type has one, gonna test it out one day with the sr80, i saw a thread at headfi regardin a supermono, or wasit a super dual, damn sleek lookin i wonder how it sounds, seriously the previous time i tried new types porta corda on my ksc 35, i only found the volume to be higher than normal, i couldnt reli tell much difference in the details etc, mayb cos i only spent a short while testing it out or mayb as wad i read from dr xins post some guys need to "train" their ears for some time b4 hearing the differences an amp can make

Edited by papaya86

err bear in mind that mine is the PortaCorda 1 ... it may sound different to N@Z PortaCorda 2 ( when he owns it )!! and i had not heard the portaCorda 2 before !! so .. ask a more proper Queston!

For your information PortaCorda 1 is no longer in the current market only can be found in 2nd hand market tongue.gif

Enhance details probably not but it won't take too much away from it. Bass sounds controlled but how tight I can't quite recall as it's been a while. N_T is correct, the PC1 probably sounds different compared with the PC2. I also didn't get a chance to try the PC2 with my SR80. I did try on my RS-1 FWIW, I feel the sound is too aggresive for my taste on the RS-1 & prefer the PC2 with Beyer headphones (DT770-250, DT250-250 DT150 & DT880) YMMV. No harm to try N_T's PC1.

Why not try digi01's RA-1 clone? It's only $130 shipped & looks as cool as the Supermono albeit larger but still smaller than the original RA-1.

the cool factor isnt the priority, even if it looks like a piece of trash but sounds good, i wun mind using it, the problem is theres quite alot of portable amps out there and i dunno which one does wad, and i dun wanna get an amp and find dat i dun like it and haf to sell it off and search for a new one... is there any recognized p.amp dat can enhance details, tighten bass, and tame the harshness? im pretty interested in the supermono after readin the mini review from the guy over at headfi but i wodner wads the price tag and if it justifies its price, i saw from one post its like 300usd if im not wrong. digi01 is a brand or a user? is there any link for this amp u mentioned, its a clone of the grado amp? how does it sound? and 130 inclusive of shipping seems very cheap, thanks for ur prompt replies and sorry for shootin so many questions at u, im a newbie at audio stuff, got pretty much influenced by new type after i first sold him my sennheiser mx500 lolz...

new type loan me ur portable amp and let me play a few days leh, mayb i can go buy a good interconnect first and use it on urs, im gonna get a portable amp sooner or later aniway

Edited by papaya86

digi01 is a DIYer from China & happens to be a member here in SGH. This is his thread for the said (Grado) RA-1 clone, portable headphone amp:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2759