Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

is grado sr80 better than px200 in terms of detail

its the normal jack. but got the converter for those fat jacks, u tink i should bring it to school without any casin jus put into plastic bag, will scratches on the headphone jack affect the sound quality? volume wise i was expectin to jack up more volume, but the volume at 19 and my px200 at 19 almost the same, clarity wise confirm thrash px200, bass wise not reli astounding, wins px200 abit nia, he told me the bass for this use amp drive out better

w00t.gif err if you scratch the headphone jack there should not affect the sound .. quailty .. well cos when ever you pluck in and out ... heee hee is bound to be scratches !! yawn.gif

err bring a casing along !! kicking.gif

maybe not school how about we meet during holidays ! happy.gifhappy.gif

If you still find the sound harsh after 100hrs then get a pair of sennheiser HD414 earpads & don't do the hole mod.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2415

That should tame the harshness. If it sounds too muddied then make a small hole small & increase the size gradually until you find the balance of sound you like the best.

It only seems that the bass is lacking compared with the PX200 (due to it's lack of clarity) but it's there & if your player's headphone out is good in the first place the bass will be tight & punchy. Not boomy. Changing to the HD414 ear pads will increase the bass noticeably.

bloody powerful headphones, one thing i hate about my mp3 player, the difference in volume 19 and 20 is bloody big, 19is soft for me, 20 is too loud for me dammit man, slightly above high volume will it kill my headphones? reli love the clarity, and i notice the bass is reli punchy compared to px200 which is jus bom bom bom away, this one packs a punch, though not reli strong, naz regardin the yellow sennheiser pads, wad improvements do they haf over the stock pads, the stock pads is like bloody makin my ears hurt after some time of wearing

Edited by papaya86

Its really difficult to kill a phones due to listening too loud, because nearly all phones can handle a lot of power(earbuds aside). Most likely if anything gets killed, it'd be an amp first.

Well i think the noise is from your MP3 plaer .. better check it first with other player etc like other models MP3 player or CDP and test the same track of songs you always listen or songs that you heard cliping and hissing sound !! happy.giflaugh.gif

Opps ya Lek is correct w00t.gifw00t.gif The amp will be the first to go lol.giflol.gif

clipping i always double check by pluggin my phones into my audigy and its the mp3 thats clipping, regardin the hissing its the song itself, but its louder on the grado sr80 than my px200

Edited by papaya86

reg the hissing, it's because the grado has 32ohm impedance, meaning it's much more sensitive of the upstream components(ie your mp3). My advice is , try to decode all your mp3s in higher bitrate(not any less than 192, preferably lossless if you have the means)..

... , naz regardin the yellow sennheiser pads, wad improvements do they haf over the stock pads, the stock pads is like bloody makin my ears hurt after some time of wearing

The Senn HD414 earpads are significantly more comfortable & pliable (softer) than the stock Grado bowl earpads. I don't find them comfortable either especially when wearing glasses.

Some people have issues with the bright yellow colour, apart from looking a little uncoordinated colourwise on my RS-1, I think it looks rather cool on the black SR80. user posted image

Here's a link from Head-Fi for modding the headband.

Since the SR80 has better clarity it's only obvious that it will show up poor source/components. Therein begins your never ending journey!

Edited by N@Z

i use the senn HD414 earpads for my sr80, physically the earpads are more comfortable than the stock pads. The senn earpad just comfortably prees my ear "flat" rather than the stock pad which is trying to encompass my ears inside the pads.

On sound wise. the sr80 with senn pads, the bass is more noticeable and this depend on the size of hole which you are making on the senn pads. Whereas on the higher frequency, it will also be affected by the size of hole (as by "physics" if i recalled correctly higher frequency will be more affected if passing through a mass than lower frequency).

You can try as suggested by Naz, whuch is by making the holes from a smaller size to a size you want which gives you the best sound.

for me, as i already like the sound of the higherand mid frequency of the grado, i go straight to the largest size (simillar size to the speaker). Making the holes is just too complicated for me.

did the senheiser headphone pad mod, bass increaased near 50percent sia, reli reli thumpy now, kicks my px200's ass in the bass categpry, did the 50cent mod, bought the headphone pads directly from sennheiser at 7.5, they told me if wanna get, faster get, its gonna be obselete, they're gonna remove this spare part from their inventory