Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

is grado sr80 better than px200 in terms of detail

Answering purely based on your exact question alone, hands down the SR80 has better clarity/detail. Bass on the Grado is punchier & tight. IMO the PX200 sound muddier although it is fairly good for it's price & assuming you don't have placement issues with the enclosure.

Is it worth it at $90~100? Depends on age, condition & does it come with the original box. If it fullfills the said criterias I think the price is a great buy.

With the Grado in mind, let me close with, "once bitten forever smitten".

PX200 ain't no competition to SR80 if U're able to get the latter around 100 bucks. FWIW, I'm not a Grado fan (more of Beyer) and yet I own SR80 strictly for my rock collection.

its 3 months old, full set with receipt, tink should be safe to go ahead? thanks for the prompt reply, u guys lazing from work isit

Guest drumma

i think it is still within the warranty period? anyway, just check properly for any faults. otherwise, it is a very very good deal. sr60 about $120 first hand liao.

maybe can also ask why the person wants to sell? laugh.gif

At that price, go for the grado sr-80, although they are a little less portable than the px200..

wink.gif

Guest drumma

u searchin for portable amp isit? i oso lookin for one, but i dunno wad to look for in a p. amp

yah, i'm looking for one.. what bout u? any in mind? looking at the supermono.. waiting for ppl to group order see how.. and also waiting for gurus to organise a class on DIY.

ok it kicks px200's arse flat, no fight. got it for 90 he lost the receipt, 3 months old, if reli spoil can jus borrow someones sr80 receipt and go adelphi claim warranty? man all my mp3s, the clippings all revealed, so many unrevealed thru ksc35 and px200, kick asssss

should still improve a bit given more burn in time..

laugh.giflaugh.gif Well just take more time to burn in ok relax ... it won't spoil unless one try to damage it !!

Well burn in more then post a result and compare between your PX 200 happy.gif

Once i get my player !! friend lend me !! maybe meet in school i bring along my portable amp and try !! err what kind of jack head design is it ! w00t.gifw00t.gif