Sign in to follow this  
vance

Koss KSC75

Looks like we have another smoking gun here... I thought that the KSC35 was gonna be a one hit wonder. Looks like KOSS seems to have done really well with recent models and yet kept the prices low.

An update on KSC-75. Unlike its popular predecessor KSC-35, the sound of the former does not carry an instant wow but after weeks of regular usage, its forte is becoming obvious.

Transparency and airiness is of a very high order for a portable ear piece, much more than the 35. It certainly sound less in your head than the norm. Mid bass volume is slightly lower with the 75 but lower bass is definitely tighter. Try the latest 2-cd release of Depeche Mode remixes and be ready to groove.

To date, I've not heard anything better in the sub S$40 category. However, U need to be patient to appreciate the 75 as it seems to take longer to sound optimal.

Final but very important note. The ear-clips of 75 are rather spaced out in its packaging ie, offer ample space for wearing it on your ear. However, this relatively wide space also exposed the ears to ambient noise more and as such, bass impact is reduced somewhat. Very carefull, twist the ear clips until the rear ends align with the ear pads. With the space reduced, it becomes more difficult to wear (like the 35) but overall sound presentation is very much improved. The rubber tubing on the aluminium ear clips ensure there's no pain on the extra pressure with this adjustment. YMMV.

Edited by Mackie

Guys, I just bought the KSC75 from hung bros SLS, listed price is $49, can bargain smile.gif

Mind sharing how much you got it for? happy.gif

cant tell u the price lah bro, I can get a slightly better rate... if reveal price next time no special discount for me liao.. haha... unless i buy for u den ok.. tongue.gif

KSC75 sells for $20 + tax in the US, so maybe work out the converted SGD equivalent and try and bargain close to that? Just a suggestion...

haha... unless i buy for u den ok.. tongue.gif

Wah u like that say cham liao....later kena bomb by people askin u to buy for them LOL...hmm considering now..... tongue.gif

Wah u like that say cham liao....later kena bomb by people askin u to buy for them LOL...hmm considering now..... 

LOL!!! I managed to reach vance in time to place an order before his return to S'pore. Cost me S$35 and I'm mighty pleased with it.

Edited by Mackie

u can try a shop at SLS ground floor , the shop is outside the main building at one of the corner, u can see quite anumber of KOSS products hanging outside.. call.gif

Just got the ksc-75. Still burning it in.. but brief impression is pretty similar to others. From memory,compared to the koss 35, the 75 seems to be much airer, has less bass(yet still deep and tight). I am still not used to the fit. The 35 fits much more snugly. With the 75 I feel as if it's going to fall off soon.. wacko.gif The good thing is that the comfort factor is higher tongue.gif

Just wondering if you all have tried the 50 cent coint mod on the ksc-75? How is it? Does it improve like the way ksc-35 do?