Sipher

Question abt HD200

hi

i have a question here.

i own a HD200 and it come with a detachable cable.

i was wondering if i can change the cable to a better one (if there's one)

pls ignore if it sounds stupid tongue.gif

Edited by Sipher

sure you can...

but it isn't worth it , from the way I see it.

You will be better off buying a new pair of headphones. Because the replacement cable itself, depending on which brand, will cost you quite a $$.

It's different from people who own the hd600, they love the sound. They find the sound a bit lacking, but still like the presentation and do not want to switch hp anytime soon, that's why they go for the replacement cable.

But for your case, there are many other better hp out there with their stock cables.. so don't bother

laugh.gif

my $1 of course laugh.gif

i know that's y i say "pls ignore if it sounds stupid"

haha laugh.gif

anyway i cant make up my mind on which hp to get next.

it isn't stupid at all.

Infact it is good that you can think of something to improve the sound by changing the cable. Has it been like hd600 I would say go for it.

hehehe... get my hp? wink.gif jk la.. kekek..

anyway, how much is your budget? what is your music preference? source?

maybe we can help you from there

Sipher,

i also have a pair of HD200. i think the nature of its product positioning (enclosed, lightweight, low price, 16-22000 Hz FR) is more for DJ monitoring or listening in a noisy environment. Upgrading of the connection cable will not yield an effect as great as changing to a better interconnect.

IMHO, try using Kimber Kable's Silver Streak or Nordost's Blue Heaven. Their hybrid construction of silver/copper strands will give you nice smooth HF extension with good controlled punchy bass, subject to good matching of your other gears in the value chain. The interconnect could also be swapped around with your other systems, giving you more flexibility than the single purpose offered by the connection cable to HD200. Demand for these pre-owned interconnects are pretty good, a convenience factor to consider for future upgrading. wink.gif

Is there such a thing as a better cable replacement for the HD200? Unless you do DIY I suppose. I'm not familiar with the HD200 so I would definitely recommend you to get new headphones if the existing ones are already old. If you need any help with headphone choice, let us know what sort of music you like & what equipment you use presently & hope to buy in the future.

It's possible to diy. Firefox diy-ed his hd570.

Most, if not all sennheisers that come with the stock cable sucks. I don't understand why can't they just add a little more effort to make a better cable..

sigh..

they need to take a look at their friend, beyer or even grado.

If you said that on Head-Fi you'd start a thread war! Them's fighting words young'un!

lol!! yea....

I guess there are just too many sennheiser freaks there..

sennheisers are ok lah.. but to me their build quality and the stock cable isn't fantastic. I love the beyers! build quality is solid! cable is thick and coiled(though some hate this tongue.gif )

lol.. just take a look at hd600.. such a prestigious headphone and yet there are 2 thin wires coming out from them.. so fragile looking!! rolleyes.gif

eh.. hold on, N@z you do own hd600 rite.. oh no, I am gonna be flamed by you

*wears flame suit* yeah.gif

Hehehe... I wouldn't do that to a starving, deprived uni student... would I?! Actually I thought the stock cables were pretty ok until I got the Clou Reds in a trade. I'm sure if there is such a thing as replacement cables for the Beyers we would find out how good/bad the stock cables really are. Bare in mind the jury's still out on the effectiveness of the 'better' cables on the HP-1s but boy isn't it a good selling point. As always, I never heard any of the other mentioned headphones so it's all hearsay at this point.

P.s.

Stand still Guy, I can't shoot (flame thrower!) a moving target!

mauhahah!!

I am still a secondary school student N@z!!! maybe in 2-3 years then I will be a uni student..

hehhe.. so I guess my agility still = 100 , speed = 100 , kekeke.. ur flame missed me yeah.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

lol jk

i'm juz a poor NSF! dry.gif

haha. anyway thanx for all ur helpful posts. cool.gif

i normally listen to rock and trance kind of music and i begining to like some instrumental music.

as for source....primary source is my pc(i know it's lousy) but i would like to get a CDP soon(i hope). thinking of getting an headamp soon too. cool.gif

budget wise....i think ard 200 - 250??

i do have some headphones in mind:

SR - 80

dt250-80(dunno how much it cost tho)

maybe mackie's dt880?? hehe if i can find the money

I have no idea of sr-80, but dt250-80 is very very nice .

Has alot of bass kicks, and the vocal sounds alive too.

dt880 to me is better than 250(and hence more ex), I guess it would be ok for rock la.. but it's more like for extended listening coz it's unfatiguing and quite neutral. Good for those who want to relax

grados are more for rock out.

Sipher, my apologies for us hijacking your thread. If we have not answered your query please ask some more.