dgps

Best Amp for AKG 501?

EchoLoft i mean...sorrie for typo. wink.gif

Pipee,

Although the Corda HA-2 and Prehead are better than the Corda HA-1, I would personally recommend that dgps stick with something in the same price class. That is roughly divide his system budget equally.

DGPS, for portable use you need an amp with higher gain (ie any portable amp from Airhead to META 42 to Porta Corda). The reason is PCDPs only output abt 0.6 volt compared to the standard 2 volts of a home CDP.

Pipee,

Although the Corda HA-2 and Prehead are better than the Corda HA-1, I would personally recommend that dgps stick with something in the same price class. That is roughly divide his system budget equally.

DGPS, for portable use you need an amp with higher gain (ie any portable amp from Airhead to META 42 to Porta Corda). The reason is PCDPs only output abt 0.6 volt compared to the standard 2 volts of a home CDP.

Looking at the tendency for people to upgrade and buy more headphones here I would still recommend the Corda HA-2 or PreHead. This way the amp portion is done with. The Corda would definitely drive most headphones well with the exception of the AKG1000. I really felt that only the Corda could drive the AKG501 to its potential. The Corda HA-1 on the other hand wasn't that good to me. Don't know about the MKII though. Would love to hear that one.

IMO of course.

As for portable use if he's using AKG501, I'd say forget about it! Get another headphone. An easy one like the Grados.

Oh god, I sound like your sales representative. blink.gif

Pipee,

Have we met? I ask because you sould like you were at my place on the Jan head-fi meet. I can't keep track of all the nicknames/handle. Anyways, The AKG 501 is about $250 so IMO instesd of getting the Corda HA-2, the person would be better served by getting a better headphone with HA-1. Of course I'll be more tan happy to sell the HA-2 (more money in my pocket) LOL.

YOU! lol! I saw you posting in the source forum in the DAC thread, was wondering how come you're not here! biggrin.gif

Pipee......faded from Xtremeplace and ended up here? biggrin.gif

Tee, really good price for the Air 3.......tempted but grabbed....shucks!

I love my AKG K401 with my Kevin Gilmore designed amp. smile.gif

hey Jarthel! welcome.gif

more aussies in our forum hehe headphone.gif

hey ablaze. smile.gif seems like a good forum to be a member. small and cozy and no hassles of head-fi where everyone thinks they know everything. smile.gif

glad you like it. yeah, small and cozy, like a small family's quite apt a description yes.gif

Pipee,

It's doing fine. Helps me sell Grados LOL. Anyways, need to let you have it back. Thanks for all the time it spent at my place. I'll buy you lunch at somewhere nice. Comeby after work and well have a chat.

Needless to say they are well kept out of harms way (the baby is now walking about or running around).

Why the name change from the old headwize name? We old time headwizers should keep our badge of honour (Chu Moy even told me to keep my handle but just state that I'm a dealer if I do any reviews etc).

You can give it back to me during the meet. Glad it help in your sales LOL. I don't know what people see in those damn Grados LOL LOL.

Nothing wrong with the old name. Just wanted something different.

I miss the Headwize days. Head-Fi has too many opinionated people who thinks they know it all. And I fear for those who disagrees with them.

Okay, but you know how difficult it is to organize the meet. The last one I ended up being the organizer bec the organizer overslept LOL. I'll be surprised if it actually happens this month.

Those damn grados are waiting for u LOL. You really should listen to an SR-225. That way you wount have to crank up the vol to hear rez and hurt your hearing yet save some money from the sale of the HD-600.

How's your hearing by the way? Have you recovered completely?

Take care.

Well there's no more ringing but I'm not taking any chances. I doubt anyone can sway me from the Senns anytime soon. It is a can which grows on you. I liken it to a good red wine which gets better with age. Not that I drink. The Grados are like...well..Coke? Impresses you initially but after that well...

I do like to try the AKG501 though. That's one can which surprised me with its sound with the Corda. I didn't expect it to sound as well as it did.