lengcm

X-Feed

It mixes certain delicate amount of signals on the R & L channels to produce a smoother panning of soundfield, instead of having discrete R & L channels which gives an unnatural aural perception of soundstage. The X-feed brings cans setup closer to that of speakers rig where the R & L signals actually interact within the room.

I heard of X-cans from Musical fidelity before, seems very nice,but never got chance to touch on it before. Planning to get one for myself next time. But not so soon smile.gif

oops, just notice u all r talking about different things...please delete this reply if u think it's OT tongue.gif or irrelevant

Edited by mychew

The X-cans v2 and v1 are pretty good amps. With the change of caps and tubes it would sound like a top end headphone amp.

To end the OT with this.........At least in my own experience, the X-feed will up the ante of X-cans' sound and possibly any other head amp without crossfeed.

Barradio, how's your x-feed coming along? Very interested to know what are your initial impressions. headphone.gif

Ok it now more than 100hrs burn in. headphone.gif The X-Feed seems to give instruments better placement in the soundstage and closer also more harmonious. The sound seems to be at the front of the head instead of at the sides. It fills in the gaps between those void clusters of sounds outside the ears and in the forehead resulting in a more realistic image. biggrin.gif

It just makes them so much more enjoyable and gives a greater feel for the music as a whole. whistling.gif

Thanks lengcm yeah.gif

To those who have the X-feed that lengcm has so kindly brought in, I wonder how U guys connect it to your rig ie. via another pair of interconnects (same or different from the one upstream) or by means of adapters?

I've tried a combo of RCA-PAL < PAL-PAL > PAL-RCA adapters direct from X-feed to headamp and also another pair of Tara Labs Ref Gen II (same as the one from cdp to X-feed). In my system, it seems that the former connection sounds a little bit better whereas the latter contributes to a very tiny loss in bass impact. However, the distance of RCA plugs on X-feed and X-cans are different and hence the use of adapters creates tension on the RCA plugs of the latter.

Edited by Mackie

Hi Makie, my connection of the X-feed (CDP > X-10D > X-feed > HPA) all using the same type of IC (DIY 50ohm sliver plated cable) the sounds of the bass and treble are a tad better with the X-10D on than without. Had not try to connect the X-feed to the CDP with the RCA male-male adapter.