lengcm

X-Feed

Just received my X-feed today after some minor setback. After burning in for 4 hours, I decided to give it a listen. I popped in Enya's CD; Only Time.

Initial impressions: Wow! I have never heard such open sound stage before!! All the instruments and vocals are so well "spaced". None of the instruments or vocals jump at you, it just presents itself. The other thing I notice was the bass, it was much stronger and more defined then before. Bear in mind that my equinox cable and one of my interconnects were still in the burn in stage.

These are other reviews of the X-feed in head-fi

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....8981#post398981

Attached is a pic of the X-Feed on top of my Sudgen. The quality is not that great as it is taken using my PDA.

You can find better pictures here: http://freespace.virgin.net/borders.break/x-feed.htm

So lengcm, he charges Sterling Pounds 35 inclusive of shipping?

The Crossfeed sounds really interesting, however, that may mean that I require 2 pairs of Interconnect and I just bought a pair of new Sliver Streak. Damn... that means need to get another pair if I want the crossfeed ... *sigh*

I got it for 33.50 quids(pounds) coz I am in UK and the shipping is slightly cheaper, I am not too sure what price is the shipping to Singapore or Brunei. If you want you can check with him, he is a really nice bloke. BTW he did the mods to the X-cans for me. His name is Mike and his e-mail mcg@vipnet.co.uk

Edited by lengcm

The Crossfeed sounds really interesting, however, that may mean that I require 2 pairs of Interconnect and I just bought a pair of new Sliver Streak. Damn... that means need to get another pair if I want the crossfeed ... *sigh*

There was this guy in head-fi who attached his x-feed to his Gilmore directly via a male to male connector. Not too sure though. Speak with Mike, see if he add in two cables for you in the input.

xfeedgilmore.jpg

lengcm, is it possible for U to buy this crossfeed for me and bring it back when U're here during summer holidays? I'm interested.

I thought the X-feed should only add crossfeed to the system? How is it possible for improvements in bass and soundstage?

I thought the X-feed should only add crossfeed to the system? How is it possible for improvements in bass and soundstage?

I cannot explain the bit on bass but soundstaging can improve as the X-feed will reduce the effect of having R and L channels performing individually. The integration via X-feed should smoothen the transition from L-R-L and thus, widen and deepen our aural perception of the soundstage ahead.

Strange on the widening of soundstage. My experience with the cmoy modified Linkwitz Crossfeed is that it reduces in-yer-head effect and like Mackie said, smooth transition from L-R-L.. But sounstage did not widen, it's as wide as my two ears apart. I need a bigger head to enjoy wider soundstage. laugh.gif

lengcm, is it possible for U to buy this crossfeed for me and bring it back when U're here during summer holidays? I'm interested.

no problem mackie, just pm me for a confirmation.

What I have experience is that you can rougly work out the position of various instruments, if it is left right or the center. Reagarding the bass I can't explain as well. As mentioned in my earlier post, I was burning in my interconnects and the Equinox at the same time. Well that is my experience with the X-feed, maybe it is not a really "fair" account. You can still check out the threads in head-fi or contact Mike if necessary. I am trying to get him to join this forum so he can offer better advice on both the X-cans and the x-feed.