lengcm

X-Feed

Hi everybody,

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello and I'll be sure to spread the word about your superb headphone forum.

Keep up the good work headphone.gif

Pinkie.

I thought the X-feed should only add crossfeed to the system? How is it possible for improvements in bass and soundstage?

Cheers Pinkie, nice to have you with us. Maybe you can clear some doubts regarding the X-feed.

Yo Pinkie, welcome to the forum. I'll be looking forward to testing your X-feed after lengcm returns for his summer holidays (always summer in S'pore anyway).

lengcm, no need to PM.....I'm confirming the purchase over here. Thanks mate. happy.gif

Unlike imaging which is easily discernible because of direct transmission to our ears, soundstaging is less direct and inversely correlated to the former. It is something of an aural perception that represents different scale to different people and hence, subjective. I don't think this gibberish explains everything but it's just my school of thought. tongue.gif

So far 2 person has shown interest in the X-feed. I have informed Pinkie and he will keep aside a pair for me. He has 2 more left before he starts making more. I will wait for a couple of days but the deadline would be next Wednesday as I will be going away for holidays. Let me know by then if you are interested. By the way I will be back on the 26th of June. So anyone of you coming to the airport to pick me up? Erm I mean pick the X-feed up biggrin.gif

Last but not least I am not advertising for Mike (aka pinkie). Based on my personal opinion, this is the best value for money product. Well of course the other is the upgrading of my X-cans V2 to XXX-Cans V2 compliment of Mike as well.

Cheers Pinkie, nice to have you with us. Maybe you can clear some doubts regarding the X-feed.

I'm not aware of any improvements to the bass response using the X-Feed but there is certainly no loss of bass with the X-Feed in the circuit. The bass is slightly more centrally located in the soundstage which may give the impression of "added bass" but this is purely psycological as the frequency response is unaltered. The X-Feed produces a natural directional bass as opposed to the normal Uni-Directional bass (unnatural) that most headphones output and this may also be a factor in the perception that there is "more" bass.

To sum the bass question up: The X-Feed converts uni-directional bass to directional bass so it is being perceived as a more natural sounding bass.

The soundstage, with the X-Feed in the circuit, is thrown slightly forward about 6 inches or so forward out of the head making it more like listening to a set of loudspeakers. There isn't a "widening" of the soundstage, if anything the X-Feed slightly narrows it, but there is certainly a shift forward out of the head with everything sounding more together. The left, right and centre soundstage is replaced with a more balanced natural soundstage.

I trust this answers your question whistling.gif

Pinkie.

Edited by Pinkfloyd

So far 2 person has shown interest in the X-feed. I have informed Pinkie and he will keep aside a pair for me. He has 2 more left before he starts making more. I will wait for a couple of days but the deadline would be next Wednesday as I will be going away for holidays. Let me know by then if you are interested. By the way I will be back on the 26th of June. So anyone of you coming to the airport to pick me up? Erm I mean pick the X-feed up biggrin.gif

Last but not least I am not advertising for Mike (aka pinkie). Based on my personal opinion, this is the best value for money product. Well of course the other is the upgrading of my X-cans V2 to XXX-Cans V2 compliment of Mike as well.

lengcm, I need one X-feed too comfirmed can you also buy the two non polar cap for the X-Can V2 form Mike for me? tongue.gif

Ok, so 1 more x-feed left. Still no offers to pick me up from the airport on the 26th? whistling.gif

So far 2 person has shown interest in the X-feed. I have informed Pinkie and he will keep aside a pair for me. He has 2 more left before he starts making more.  I will wait for a couple of days but the deadline would be next Wednesday as I will be going away for holidays. Let me know by then if you are interested. By the way I will be back on the 26th of June. So anyone of you coming to the airport to pick me up?  Erm I mean pick the X-feed up biggrin.gif

lengcm, I need one X-feed too comfirmed can you also buy the two non polar cap for the X-Can V2 form Mike for me? tongue.gif

I get my non polar caps from http://www.rswww.com and use the 220uF 63V varieties (Code: 768-908) They cost £0.88 each and there is a minimum order quantity of 5.

I only have 1 of these capacitors left so it would mean you would have to buy 5 of them which seems crazy as RS add delivery and VAT on top of the price meaning:

Capacitors x 5 £ 4.40

Postage £ 4.95

VAT £ 1.55

Total £10.45

I certainly wouldn't pay £10.45 for 2 non polar capacitors and there is surely somewhere in Singapore that you can obtain them?

I won't be placing an order with RS for some time but if you can hold on for a few weeks I can order the caps with my next order so they would then only cost you £4.40 for the five of them....... I'll gladly send you the 1 capacitor I have free of charge if 1 is of any use?

Pinkie.

Pinkfloyd,

About the capacitor upgrade of X-Cans V2, cause I'm in Singapore right now, it would be terribly inconvenient for me to get it upgraded,

would you be able to sell the entire capacitors package to me as well as a rough direction of what goes where, so I will do the soldering myself. Thanks.

Pinkfloyd,

About the capacitor upgrade of X-Cans V2, cause I'm in Singapore right now, it would be terribly inconvenient for me to get it upgraded,

would you be able to sell the entire capacitors package to me as well as a rough direction of what goes where, so I will do the soldering myself. Thanks.

Hi Northern Oak,

I had almost completed a 20 minute reply to your question re: caps when we had a power cut and everything shutdown for 45 minutes ohmy.gif

I can supply you with the caps and they will cost me £23.44 which includes VAT and postage to me. You can have them for the price they cost me and I can send them to you direct? I'm sure you could get them a lot cheaper in Singapore? The UK is very expensive for capacitors and on top of the price there is VAT and postage.

Let me know what you decide and I'll go into a lot more detail about fitting them tomorrow as I don't want to type away here in case we get another power cut.

Thing is, we generally "never" have a power cut but today there have been 3 for some strange reason.

Mike.

Ok, so 1 more x-feed left. Still no offers to pick me up from the airport on the 26th? whistling.gif

Lengcm, I'll be seeing U when we meet for the 880s. Now both parties have something to look forward to er? happy.gif