Sign in to follow this  
snr

new flat pad for grado/alessandro(limited stocks)

Okay I can explain everything of what papaya86 have just said as I am sure it's just a little misunderstanding among us here.

you might be mistaken about the MBD flat pad price AFAIK MBD always follow the US market price very closely for example the grado 1/4 to 1/8 adapter cost US$ 14.95 and MBD is selling it for SG$30 so can you explain to me why should MBD be selling the flat pad for only SG$20 or even lower than the US$30

Another thing is the SG$20 flat pad that you have seen at MBD might be the comfy pad for grado sr-60 which is similar to flat pad but much less inferior material used and without hole. The price of the comfy pad is US$10 which come to SG$20 or lower but I am not going to make any conclusion till I check with MBD tomorrow in regards to the availability and price of the flat pad by myself so stay tuned

I bought 8 pairs of senn 414 pads with no real intention of selling it in this forum(you can use the search button) in the first place. 4 pairs are for my work colleagues, two pairs are for a buyer from this forum and myself. I have only 2 pairs as a spare just in case I lost it or damaged it

Since my friend in US at the moment, we ordered 5 flat pads which are all for my colleagues. I get one for myself and himself. The other 3 decided not to go for the flat cos they still prefer the senn 414 pads in the last minutes decision.

This might explain why I am putting it on a sudden sale. the same thing with the 2 senn 414 pads as I will have the flat soon there is no point of keeping it. To be honest about the senn 414 pad, I still did not know the 7.50 price till you mentioned it here today.

I said in the previous reply"i agree with u papaya86 that sg$17 for just a pair of pads is a total rip off."

well, it's quite true since sennheiser sg is selling it for only 7.50 I assume that's a big fat profit markup for hung bro's but hey what can I do since I did not know about the cheaper price you have mentioned earlier

I sell it for $20 with $3 profit and you said I am worst than hung bro's

but but you said to yourself earlier in the previous post "hey i dun mind helping pple cut a hole in the pads for 3bucks a pair" laugh.giflaugh.gif

and now you said to me"its pretty unethical to charge 3 bucks just to make 2 holes if u ask me"

look who's talking crap now. Get a life dude lol

if i cut the pads wrongly that will be my responsibility to replace my colleagues and the buyer with a new pads. Have you ever work in the insurance company before btw i'm sure you will learn alot of about this $3 thing there

btw, I have never intended any flame war here but you are pushing your luck too far here by making a blind judgement without any solid ground's evidences

I will not revise my price till I have all the facts straight again

Edited by snr

Give snr a break. The flame war (mostly targetted at snr) is uncalled for, since there is no evident indication that he is trying to rip someone off. Just provide the facts and let the potential buyers decide for themselves, there isn't much point in passing judgement on someone you don't know/ haven't met, and based mostly on assumption. Harmony breeds prosperity.

snr: I think you should have left this in the classifieds to avoid thread crapping and other irrelevant discussions/arguments.

Quoted from a previous reply

Oh, I got the sr60 pads and the flatpads mixed up, my apologies.

Quoted from a previous reply,

Come on guys, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. Those who dun want to pay $20 can buy for $7 or $8 from sennheiser and cut hole yourself(I did that), others can pay the extra $13 for perfectly cut holes , its a free market. After all he took the risk of buying all those pads knowing the possibility that he may end up sitting around sucking thumb with with all his unsold pads tongue.gif

Have you ever heard about the history of the senn 414 pads. It was found by a chinese guy from head-fi by the name of vwap and this is why the pad is called vwap pads there.

He cut the pad with a special cutter and dyed the yellow pad with a black one. He charged ppl all around the world US$15 ex delivery while the pad only cost US$3.95 from senn USA.

Many ppl praised him for the perfection of his work and very happy to pay US$15 to get the modded pad.

In fact I ordered one from him two years ago and I feel it is worth every cents.

After the flat has been released by Todd, he decided to discontinued the modded pad as he believes the flat pad is much superior than vwap pad but still many are looking for his pad untill now

so the point is there are ppl who appreciate other's sophisticated work and willing to pay more money for a perfection.

If in the first place if i knew about the lower price senn 414 pads, I might consider to lower the price since I can get more at those price in the future

but after all of the misunderstanding, it just ain't worth it and we will see the truth by tomorrow

Edited by snr

thanks absolute0, i promise I will keep a low profile for now and moving this thread to the classified might not be the best solution as yet as I believe there are others who want to see the real truth here

Edited by snr

If we would like to prevent people from being ripped off we can just tell how much and where the original stuff can be bought for. The pricing can never be wrong. If buyer and seller are both happy, even if the pads cost $1000, so be it! (thought if this is the case, something fishy must be going on).

If snr does not know about the $7.50 pads himself, he is actually already a victim of the rip-off. Besides, since he has no knowledge of it, we cannot blame him. If what snr has said is true, isn't it sad how a simple sales has caused him to be flamed?

(you should really have posted in the classifieds to prevent such harsh comments)

guys i found something very interesting in the FAQ section

N@Z

Posted on Oct 15 2004, 06:09 PM

Price heads-up for the HD414 earpads from member papaya86, SG$7.50/pair from Sennheiser electronic ASIA Pte. Ltd.

This post has been edited by N@Z on Oct 15 2004, 08:06 PM

did you notice that papaya86 found out the new cheaper price on the Oct 15 and I bought the senn pads from snr in july

so snr maybe telling the truth to us since he bought the pads before july

what do you guys think?

"hey i dun mind helping pple cut a hole in the pads for 3bucks a pair" laugh.giflaugh.gif

im being sarcastic here, if you haven noticed, i have been using sarcasm on u all along. stupid. Its already written so clearly in the F.A.Q section the senn pads can be gotten at 7.50 and u still quote a 20bucks inclusive of the holes, i really don't know what to say. and the fact that u post ur sales all over the forum is reli irritating. kk i dunno if u went thru secondary education, dat sentence meant if someone approaches me to help him cut the holes for 3 bucks, i'd be more than glad to do so. i was a waiter soemtime back and was earning 5bucks/hr, doesnt 3 bucks/5mins seem so sweet? if im selling the pads, obviously i wont offer my "kind" help by cutting the holes for 3 bucks, i'll do it for free. hell i'll even throw in a dvd with all the songs ripped from my cds (of which i have done so thruout all of my dealings in audio stuff).

"as I believe there are others who want to see the real truth here"

okay the real truth is ur selling the pads at a price higher than market price. wad i do not know and will not waste my time to tink about is whether ur telling the truth that u bought the pads at 17bucks, no one noes except u. and heres another point, if u bought EIGHT pads from hung brothers, i reli wonder if hung brothers offered a discount for someone so kind as to let them rip off at least $76. dun try to be the good guy here. the fact that u tryin to sell the pads at 20 bucks instead of 17 is clear evidence u aint a good seller. and lastly, im just here to flame someone offering a bad deal, dats all.

Edited by papaya86

im being sarcastic here, if you haven noticed, i have been using sarcasm on u all along.

There are many better ways of warning people about others trying to rip people off than being sacarstic

Edited by lekguan

well, i TRIED to hold my flames. my second post was just to tell him the pads can be gotten at 7.50. but after seeing this "agree with u papaya86 that sg$17 for just a pair of pads is a total rip off.

but maybe u are not aware that my senn pad has been cut with a perfect round hole..

all of my previous buyers are happy with the pad mod since they hate to cut the pad with a coin.

hope u understand the cost and time that i have spent are worth the price"

its pretty clear either he doesnt get my message, or hes tryin to act dumb. hes like describing himself as great and kind for "helping" pple cut the holes for 3 bucks. why would he still want to push his sales of the pads at 20 if it can be gotten at 7.50, in dat case hes now implying we're paying 12.50 to cut 2 holes in the pads, dats pretty crazy. he should haf immediately lowered the price or call off the sales of the senn pads.

ok lets put it this way, im the sort of person if someone tries to rip my fren off, i will go hostile on him. since i have gotten quite a lot out of this online community, be it the audio deals and the retarded questions i post and valuable knowledge, i will point out if a deal isnt a good one, my second post stated "ur deal dun seem a good one to me", at this point i haven started my flaming, its only when he tried to act dumb or is reli dumb dat i started hurling the insults.

Edited by papaya86

While I think the 414 pads are pretty expensive, I don't think any of us is in the position to ask him to change the prices. Sure, we can tell him that it can be had for $7.50, but the setting of prices is his prerogative.

Myself, I find that paying $3 for having a pair of pads nicely cut isn't that expensive. It's better than doing it yourself and ruining the pads, no?

Lastly, flaming isn't the best way to get your message across. Typing in legible English helps too.

all the years of msn and irc have really screwed up how i type my english, but i don't think my sentence structure is incorrect, just that i type alot of words in short form.

Hi! Gentlemen, let's cool down man. I think papaya86 has got his point through regarding his opinion on the price. And of course snr has all the right to decide his selling price. So I guess we will just let the potential buyers decide for themselves. I think the facts are quite clear already and the rest are presonal preference no point argue and hurt each other. Let's keep this forum in good harmony.

i don't think by locking up this thread will solve the flame war as they can always start a new thread with a same topic again in a near future. IMHO, let this thread get matured by itself.

just my 2 cents

Although it's nice to know everyone in this community is looking out for one another on potential sales traps or fleecing intent, I'd prefer everone to be civil. Although papaya86 has a point and made known his concern, snr has also been rather cordial in his replies.

Giving him the benefit of doubt (not guilty until proven so), we should give them the same degree of respect. It's a free market and all have already seen the concerns and pricing of the pads in questioned and we should just leave it to potential buyers to decide if the deal offer by snr is economically viable.