Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

Writing a song

im tryin to get a song together, finished 1/4 of it so far, wad do u guys tink of it? comments flames welcomed.

Lights of Thor guide me through the fight. May

ladyluck shine upon my knights. Blood and tears admist

gentle warcries, grab your shinings and see them take

flight.

"For the grace of god!" "For great motherland!"

Dogs of war blinded by the faith of christ, sweet

beliefs tainted by the tales of lies.

Tormented souls haunts the streets of death. Once

happy nation, now the kingdom of mice.

When will we see the rainbow again? When will the

stars smile at us again? When will we be merry again?

The price to pay for peace they say.

This doesn't belong in the Never ending thread so I've split it into it's own thread.

i dunno why but it seems really like death metal, and i really hate death metal, so im wondering wads wrong with the lyrics. but ultimately im writing about those "crusaders" who kill in the name of god and the irony of how peace is attained through wars

i think the words are a little too "strong" makes it sound like stuff that a heavy metal band would write..."dogs of war" "lights of thor" "tormented souls"

i hear these words from bands like Manowar...Megadepth...Slayer & Danzig sleep.gif

blush.gif Megadeth lol.gif

its been so long since i was listening to heavy metal stuff...hope i can still spell METALLICA correctly lol.gif

Lights of Thor guide me through the fight. May

ladyluck shine upon my knights. Blood and tears admist

spellling error: change admist to amidst.

Unless your knights are faggots, I don't think gentle warcries is right. I suggest Blood and tears in the coming blight, grab your shinings and see them take flight.

Edited by Mackie

mackie, i've been wanting to ask u, did u further ur studies on the english language? u've got good vocab and sentence structure, pretty amazing

if you'd like to listen to music that might help you in writing your songs, try listening to stuff from iron maiden. the lyrics might come in very useful. oh...those guys form that band all graduated with at least degrees so the lyrics they wrote isnt just sum metal nonsense. they paint pictures of lush landscapes and great battles and strife in their music. they write about stuff that actually happened and history as well.