Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

wanna ask regarding sony x-3000 cd player

Go with your ears. Personally I've not heard this player but for 200 bucks, and given the solid build of its transport I reckon it's not a bad value.

The last unit I saw was going for $500-$600! A worthwhile investment, but trust your ears as Blues said.

Have heard the Sony X3000. In my opinion it's a pretty interesting player, almost as good as the Marantz CD17MKIII if not better. Have different filters to play with for different sound. However, personally felt that the bass department is left wanting. Anyway, $200 is really very cheap. If you don't want, can recommend me?? tongue.gif

okay if its not my cup of tea, i'll pass on to u, any more comments on this player?

haha. do keep me update if it really happens. laugh.gif I'll be glad to take over.

Anyway, it will depends on your preference of music. Personally felt that it's good for rock and pop because it's fast with tight bass. Not really good for slow vocals and big orchestral as it's mids is pretty lean and bass doesn't go deep.

i just got it at 200 and bought a supra power cable for 80 to go along with it, goodness compared to my dvd player, the sound is totally in a different league even though im using the same crappy interconnect, i need a good interconnect now, any recommendations, he suggested i get the supra eff 1 interconnect, anyone using it?

Get a DIY cable if u're on budget. You might want to read up mackie's comparison on the various diy-ed interconnects..

why isit that the player takes a few tries to be able to read a badly scratched cd? but after it starts reading, there are no problems wadsoever, no skips, distortions etc but why must it go thru several reads? is this a problem i should worry about?