lengcm

Check this out!

was that price in sing dollars?

Looks like something out of an old si-fi movie.

You thinking of getting one adhoc?

HA!

i already have problem paying for my dt880s...

innocent.gif

er super newbie question, but where can you find dvd-a, hdcd, sacds in singapore?

can any computer hardware burn sacds?

or more importantly, playback sacds?

Edited by adhoc

I dun think Sony will ever allow computer hardware burn of SACDs as they want a complete monopoly of the market.

Baradio, $2500 is quite a good deal, it is selling for $US2000+ on the website. BTW, your X-feed is already with me.

China.

I believe tee has this cdp.

There are a few Chinese products winning accolades recently eg, Opera Consonance 2.2 tube cdp and Korsun amps.

Edited by Mackie

Very nice and simple design. This might be the source I am looking for. I am not too sure if I should jump into SACD. Currently my rig is quite balanced after I've changed my HD600 stock cable. That Equinox really did some wonders. Mackie, what are your recommendations regarding SACD ?

Very nice and simple design. This might be the source I am looking for. I am not too sure if I should jump into SACD. Currently my rig is quite balanced after I've changed my HD600 stock cable. That Equinox really did some wonders. Mackie, what are your recommendations regarding SACD ?

My recommendations? Hold on to your horses. SACDs aren't cheap and they are not necessary superior over the conventional cds in all recordings. Although SACDs give a wider and 3D sounstage, some of them do sound with a hole in the middle ie, center imaging is hollow. I agree this format is nearest to the analogue sound but it is not an industry standard yet. DVD-A, a more proven technology, has greater resolution and capacity and this may supersede SACDs in the future.

In addition, if U wish to get a SACD player which does redbook (conventional cd playback) well, prepare to pay high prices. At a given price range, most SACD players tend to sound inferior in redbook relative to a conventional cdp of the same price.

Lengcm, how about describing the differences between the stock HD600 cable & the Equinox replacement or any others you may have used? I'm curious.