jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

LM6171 is for the buffer of the virtual ground of ur circuit

see here : http://www.tangentsoft.net/elec/vgrounds.html

quoted from tangent: Different op-amps, headphones, and resistor values will give a different split.

hence the LM6171 is to buffer it and make sure the splits are equal, regardless wat headphones u're wearing, op-amps used.

I'm not sure which resistors meant in that sentence

I took LM6171 away to save batt and also, it cant run on less than 5.5v. My audio op-amps can. so I sacrifice the buffer for more convenience. AAA batts have a lot more stamina than the 9v batt.

Kube: see how... haha... High chance is that I cant make it for you guys. not much time left in school to do all these things anymore sad2.gif

My first one failed...this one is in progress.

hmmm how did you fail?

is there anything I can help you?

Kube,

If you stay in Tampines, I don't mind getting it from you to troubleshoot. Not that I'm expert but have built one before without problem.

For the first one, I suspect some burnt sockets, but then again, I didn't clean the board properly, burnt a cap, and possibly damaged the board because of all the heat from taking out leftover wire stubs from some troubleshooting.

So this time, I'm just going to I don't mind travelling to tampines, I stay in jurong. For now, still awaiting my pot from Federal. Maybe I'll come by this Sun?

my Cmoy2 is done!

with lotsa mods within the circuit itself tho'

here's the pic:

user posted image

mod done:

1. changed the chip to max4167, in order to accomodate AAA batteries, hence now running on 3 AAAs

2. R4 and R8 changed to 100k, in order to allow lower freq (1.5Hz vs 15Hz in the original design by jason) attenuation for the input high-pass filter

3. took out the LM6171, and shorted pin 2 to 3. LM6171 cant run with voltage lower than 5.5v

You just have to take care not to drive too much current as it will distort like hell. smoke.gif

For the first one, I suspect some burnt sockets, but then again, I didn't clean the board properly, burnt a cap, and possibly damaged the board because of all the heat from taking out leftover wire stubs from some troubleshooting.

So this time, I'm just going to I don't mind travelling to tampines, I stay in jurong. For now, still awaiting my pot from Federal. Maybe I'll come by this Sun?

Kube, looks like plenty of offer over in the west of Singapore. There are plenty of helpful guys out there. This Sunday is not possible for me. Will be away for the holidays and missing the meet on Sunday too, dunno to be happy to be on holiday or sad on missing the meet. wacko.gif