jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

hi kube

which pot are you ordering from federal?

i'm looking for one as well right now. can i know the part/order number?

how do you order it actually?

For the pot order number, check the first page by jasonhanjk. I ordered from Federal, which just reroutes the components from Farnell to Sim lim tower for our conveniance. It's a tad more expansive for Federal, but it sure beats going all the way down Eunos...Normally just tell the salesperson at the counter the part number, he or she will check for stock. If have then that's it, you collect and go. The only benefit I see from going to the Farnell trade counter is that I get a poly discount laugh.gif

Just asking...but how long does it take for Federal to recieve components from Farnell that weren't in stock? Been waiting almost a week and a half, and still no stock from them...

Well, went to federal yesterday and ordered the pot. The lady said to wait 4 working days.

Quite funny because if you check the farnell website Click here it is shown that they actually have the pots in stock.

Hopefully the pot will arrive next week.

Well, went to federal yesterday and ordered the pot. The lady said to wait 4 working days.

Quite funny because if you check the farnell website Click here it is shown that they actually have the pots in stock.

When they mean in stock, doesn't mean it is in stock in Singapore. The stock may be in UK or in USA. That's why lah.

When they mean in stock, doesn't mean it is in stock in Singapore. The stock may be in UK or in USA. That's why lah.

If it stated 'Out of stock'? Does that means farnell no more carry them? unsure.gif

my Cmoy2 is done!

with lotsa mods within the circuit itself tho'

here's the pic:

user posted image

mod done:

1. changed the chip to max4167, in order to accomodate AAA batteries, hence now running on 3 AAAs

2. R4 and R8 changed to 100k, in order to allow lower freq (1.5Hz vs 15Hz in the original design by jason) attenuation for the input high-pass filter

3. took out the LM6171, and shorted pin 2 to 3. LM6171 cant run with voltage lower than 5.5v

Good job, squalle. Mind if I ask how long the batteries last?

alu case was done by myself. cool.gif

well, the batt been running ermmm for more than 20 hours i guess

still running strong I think

just in case u wanna know, the batts I'm using are the Sanyo AAA 800mAh