jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

Thanks squalle, the parts I'm having trouble with are finding the Opamps, and LM6171 - getting irritated with Maplin here in UK. Also, finding the polyester capacators - of suitable dimension to fit the board - is near impossible (at Maplin again).

I have a quick question here:

Does cmoy2 benefits by using OPA627BP? I bought 2 of this chip and should be arrived anytime this week.

rgds

Futura.

I have a quick question here:

Does cmoy2 benefits by using OPA627BP? I bought 2 of this chip and should be arrived anytime this week.

rgds

Futura.

You need two dual opamps in the CMOY2. The 627s are single opamps, so if you want to use them, you will need at least 4 of them mounted on two adaptors in a CMOY2. Don't even know if there is enough space for them.

I think your 627s will do very well in a Pimeta but you will need one more as 3 are needed for a Pimeta. Go buy a Pimeta PCB from Tangent's site, they are worth the money and will do justice to your 627.

or point to point soldering

Pimeta is not that hard I think smile.gif

I have done a Pimeta clone using point to point and also populated a PCB bought from Tangent. If your aim is to get great music ASAP, I think the PCB is much easier and faster to complete. Maybe I am just lazy. lol.gif I don't have the complete DIY spirit... sorry. blush.gif

Looking to add a pair of RCA jacks to my one of my cmoy2 amps. Current I have the standard set up as described in this forum, a 3.5mm stereo input jack. How and what do I need to do to tie into the input side.

Note: I will only use the pair of RCAs or the 3.5mm input jack at a time. Never both at the same time.

Do RCAs require anything special. Resistors on ground? etc.

For use with a portable DVD player with RCA and or my home system preamp outs

Thank you

Don't know if this has been asked before, please forgive my repeat then. Does rechargeable 9v's last longer (as in maintain proper operation of cmoy2) than non-rechargeables? Also, is there any other combination of batteries that would last longer than either of these 2? (Like 3 X 3v?)

use AA batteries

AA batteries are of a lot higher capacity (a few hundreds mAh Vs 2500 mAh)

but you've got to put a lot of AAs in there, so if you dont mind the weight... hehe

alternatively AAA batts, which I'm doing

or... change the op-amp to something that guzzles less and requires lower voltage.

for me, CMOY2 is now relegated to serve as office + portable use (aka on-the-go) amp since errm a few months ago

I guess soon it's going to be relegated even further, becomes on-the-go only amp

EDIT: wat kind of battery that is at 3v? I cant recall any, Lithium is 4.2v and hard to charge it. requires special charger due to its rather complicated charging algo

Edited by squalle

Sorry, just making an example...know nuts about batteries...

Just asking then...will this affect the circuit in any way? I mean, beside providing the ability to swap with power-hungry opamps... So basically, I can swap the 9v with 2 AA 4.5v rechargeables?

Also how long typically does this last?

Edited by Kube