adhoc

which one to choose?

which one?! (READ FIRST POST FIRST)  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok.. i'm lost liao.. i know something funny is happening but i have no idea what.. heh. whistling.gif

well.. as far as I know, from sec 3 onwards the students will have to wear pants already wink.gif

adhoc,

Moving back on track, I reckon U can build a rig with new and used items. Once a while, U see MF X-PSU and X-cans V2 ($500 used) or Creek OBH11/11SE ($250-450 used) appearing on classified ads. Buy a new Marantz CD4000/5000 ($200-300) or used CD63SE/CD63KI/CD6000 cdp ($250-350). 2 x Belden 19364 power cords terminated with hospital grade plugs ($40-50 in total) and a choice of decent interconnects along the line of Belden and Klotz (<$50/pair). U can also try to buy used cables/interconnects to lower your cost.

Choosing the more expensive choice from different departments, total outlay is about $950 for a setup comprising of cdp, head amp, 2x power cords and 1 x interconnect. I believe this rig will sound better than a top-flight cdp driving the cans alone.

next year ns. hopefully can enter ocs.

then shiok! $1700 a month!

then no problems.

thanks mackie for your recommendations. have been scouring ebay, classifieds and yahoo singapore ads & auctions. so far.. no luck. no.gif

$1000 is after u comissioned as a officer.

during ocs, a cadet gets around $600-$700? not too sure

note: the aboved is for NSFs

i'm only a corporal.

Edited by Sipher

oops, i forgot to mention that figure was with a saf scholarship.

please correct me if my info is wrong, this is all 2nd hand info..