N@Z

Announcement!

anyway mackie, any tips on how to improve the sound of the cdp?

maybe you can go to

http://www.pbase.com/zerodivine/headphone

to have a look at my setup and advise me accordingly

waiting for u.. happy.gif

Without touching your sensible and beautiful layout of your shelf, I shall go direct to the cdp. Get ready some thin double-side tape.

Place a 1-cent coin at each corner on top of your cdp, approx 2 cm from the edges. Position one 5-cent coin right in the middle. Tell me what are your impressions. If U like the sonic changes, use double-side tape to stick the coins in position.

so basically the first attempt is just to place the coins? do I need to stick it with the double sided tape?

er... if you have any suggestion on how I should place my eqpmts.. please don't hesitate to do so. I know my placement is very bad.. especially the philips .. -.-

Isolate the cd player!

Fishball's Cheap & Dirty Balls-Of-Steel

Buy 3 of the largest flattest spoons u can find or tiny sauce plates or wasabi plate. Experiement with different materials, ceramic, melamine, steel... ~$5-10 for 3

3 1/2" stainless steel ball bearings ~$5-10 each

A pack of blu tack ~$2

1) Blu tack the spoons on the shelf in a triangular position. Best to place 2 spoons along the side where the cd player is heavier. Make sure spoons are relatively flat

2) Place bearings in spoon and cd player on top. Make sure bearings aren't pressing against any uneven surface of the cd player chassis

ok.. thanks for the great input fishball, but I am a little confused .. lol

perhaps you can upload some pictures?

Thanks!! ^-^

so basically the first attempt is just to place the coins? do I need to stick it with the double sided tape?

er... if you have any suggestion on how I should place my eqpmts.. please don't hesitate to do so. I know my placement is very bad.. especially the philips .. -.-

Yup, just place the coins without adhesive initially. Apply only after U've decided these are good tweaks.

I reckon I would prefer to go down personally to set it up for U. U just have to pay for my cab fare. tongue.gifyeah.gif

lol..

one condition though.. if you can follow it, you are the greatest!! biggrin.gif

I need to retain the rack the way it is.. yeah..

unless I can change it to a much better positioning.. mm.. yea

anyway, maybe you can just sketch on the paper and scan it or something?

hehehe... I am quite poor in positioning.. as you can see my room looks darn messy now sad2.gif

bohooo

nice!!! thanks alot fishball... I will give you some fishball as my token of appreciation at the meet

hhihihihih (just jk of coz -.-)

btw, any of you are a fan of peter cetere? love his songs.. but can't find the cd.. perhaps someone might wanna sell his? biggrin.gif

anyway mackie, if you are free maybe you want to come down one of these days? hehe.. I will pay for your cab home.. but the journey to my house can take mrt.. my house is just opposite of the tanah merah mrt biggrin.gif

save cost hehe

btw, any of you are a fan of peter cetere? love his songs.. but can't find the cd.. perhaps someone might wanna sell his?

Can't sell, i'm afraid. My preciousssss.. yes.gif

But i'll bring a disc or two along for the meet! Guess you would also enjoy David Foster's music? Collin Raye? Jim Brickman?

Oh and congrats Mackie!

Suddenly remembered that this thread is meant for grovelling to the newly elevated SGH God. laugh.gif

Yikes what kind of music are you guys listening to! rolleyes.gif

So many tweaks to try out. Didn't get a chance to do the ferrite ring tweak last night as I couldn't figure how to remove them! Plus Wacko Jacko's rebuttal documentary was on so... The coins & balls of steel should be easier albeit need to find ball bearings 1st.

N@Z,

Lemme know if you find any bearings, I oso want laugh.gif Generally the harder the ball the better, tungsten ones are better than your run of the mill stainless steel but also costlier.