matbon0013

Ety's 4S Has Landed

Pick it up from the post office this afternoon!

First impressions WoW zer....... w00t.gif

iPod to META Mint ahhhhh 4S, who said theres thin bass.

I would call it tight.

Post more when its burnt in properly!

Mack, do you mean something like this? Taken from my digi cam's USB cable but it's thicker. Where exactly should it be placed? Plug end, center or closer to the drivers?

Sorry, photo slightly out of focus.

ferrite_clamp.jpg

glad that you new 'toy' has arrived matbon!!

burn them in a bit and post your impression man!! beer.gif

Ooops, forgot... congrats Mat. You seemed fairly subdued when I met you this afternoon after you got the Etys. Prolly inside you were jumping up & down! jump.gif

Enjoy the music & wait for the DT880 & stop dreaming about the Gilmore for now! Yeesh!

Mack, do you mean something like this? Taken from my digi cam's USB cable but it's thicker. Where exactly should it be placed? Plug end, center or closer to the drivers?

Sorry, photo slightly out of focus.

Yes Naz, these are it and they come in different sizes. Popular makes are TDK (big in RFI rejection gadgets besides magnetic tapes) and AudioQuest.

Theoretically, the clamp is best used on power cords...sometimes effective on interconnects. Never use it on digital cable as it kills dynamics. Position the clamp nearest to the receiving equipment.

probably it will work..

ahh but who cares.. you can just clip the cord.. laugh.gif

that's one thing I hate about etys.. great sound but great microphonic also.. sleep.gif huh.

Thanks Mack! I'll try it out later tonight. Incidently in the pic is a TDK... & I have no idea how to remove it!

Just sneak a listen now & then & use it in bed later while still bruning in using your iPod. Just don't sleep with them still on you!

lol.. at one time I incidentally slept with them on..

lucky I didn't lie to the side..

otherwise wacko.gif

but I think by wearing that you will be subconsciously laying on your back still(provided you psycho urself into telling that the ety can be harmful with them on)

Naz, rotate the clamp and check if there's one side with pursing hooks...sort of a couple of clips to lock the whole cylinder in place. If it's not removable, I reckon U can buy one. It costs $7-8/piece in S'pore.

mackie, have u heard the ety? do u wub.gif em? smile.gif