Sign in to follow this  
gfgfmoses

Anyone knows the exact place of CD sale ?

It's Gramophone warehouse sale. I was there just now and got myself:

Metallica - Garage Inc

Lostprophets - Start Something

Korn - Take a look into the mirror

Most CDs are going for $9.90. Double CDs go for $14.90 and Triple CDs $17.90 (i think..). There're more recent releases which go for $12.90-$14.90.

Anyway selection is rather limited but for $9.90, i'm not complaining. smile.gif

SACD! SACD!

For those with SACD players take note that single layer SACDs are going for 14.90

Bought Vivaldi, Marvin Gaye and Yo Yo Ma.

Also, Cai Qin and Theresa XRCDs at orchard gramophone are going for 17.90! Grab them fast!

Dear Music Lovers,

Back by popular demand.

Warehouse sale from $1!!

30,000 CDs,VCDs, DVDs

Pop/Rock,Jazz,Classical,French,Cantopop,Mandarin etc...

Monday to Sunday

#B1-13 Orchard Mrt Station (next to Popular Book Store)

New Stock arrive every week

Gosh~ Somebody do a power buy for me?? LOL. I'll love to get my hands on those cds. Anybody kind enuf?? happy.gif

The selection was pretty mediocre when I went last Sunday, and the $1 CDs are like from decades ago! Just bought Led Zep's presence and Bob Dylan Greatest Hits for $9.90 each.

man Bob Dylan, his voice is one of the worst if not the worst in the entire history of music. hes a phenom only because of his lyrics, guitar playing cmi oso.

naked, you might like to try these

jimi hendrix - electric ladyland, are you experienced, band of gypsies, axis bold as love, blues

clapton- unplugged, reptile, any bootleg that has his cover for somewhere over the rainbow

led zep - everything except coda

ac/dc - everything except ball breaker, stiff upper lip

nirvana - everything

janis joplin - every album, man shes good.

bob dylan - pat garrett and billy the kid (its an instrumental album he made for a movie, damn friggin good, has knocking on heavens door, the only one with vocals), planet waves (his 2nd best work among all that ive bought and sold, some of his earlier works his voice is so gay it annoys me to the point i feel like taking the cd out and smashing it), highway 61 (the only good track on this I like is "like a rolling stone", one of his best songs imo) dun get the live bootleg series, regretted big time, he goofed around in the concert so much that it makes him seem so unprofessional as an musician.

jeff buckley - this fella is my favourite musician from the 90's, one of the best male voices, extremely versatile, before he died, legends such as robert plant, jimmy page, paul mc carthy and many others gave the thumbs up for his music and offered him guidance and advice. too bad he died young

deep purple - machine head (this is one hell of an album, no fillers, all quality material, unbelievable album on the whole, get the 2 cd 30th anniversary edition, the sound quality really good), child in time, burn, live in japan

rolling stones - everything except 40 licks, bridges to babylon (this is one big rip off, totally disgusting album)

beatles - everything

pink floyd - everything except division bell, echoes

jeff beck - blow by blow

ben folds five - everything

Nice recommendations. very good indeed.

I know u dont listen to metal toes, so why not try to listen to some Prog rock instead? Bands like Rush ( Hemispheres is a great album ) ; Yes ( owner of a lonely heart! laugh.gif )

Other recommendations -

Neil Young - After the gold rush; On the Beach

The Grateful dead - Workingman's dead

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

Bright Eyes - I'm wide awake, it's morning

Modest Mouse - Good news for people who like bad news, Building nothing out of something

The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers

I can go on and on but i guess i must stop = P