Sign in to follow this  
harrychia

my altoids zen micro case!

i finally got an altoids tin case for my zen micro, bought it at junction 8 ntuc liberty market section!

user posted image

An external view of the casing with the wired remote.

user posted image

A view of the hole I made using a hammer and screwdriver - looks quite ugly, dented and scratched cos i dun have a dremel.

user posted image

An internal view. Notice the red ribbon used to pull the zen micro out of its casing cos it fits so snugly in it, so getting it out can be quite tricky. The zen micro wording was cut out from the cloth of the original pouch.

user posted image

View of the padding material. I got it at a gifts shop for free - they used this sponge like material to protect the fragile items.

user posted image

Rubber dics at the bottom of the casing to prevent it from sliding when placed on a flat surface. I removed the rubber from the bottom of a paperstand.

You don't need a dremel to make a hole in a sweet tin.

All you need is a single-hole punch maybe a screwdriver to expand the hole if needed. They make rather clean holes. wink.gif

That is very creative of you. innocent.gif

And I must say you are pretty good at improvisation. Nice work.

very nice! smile.gif

does the mint tin rust with time?

i sandpapered the altoids tin and the very next day it begin to rust, so i painted it with some cool design with acrylic paint and then sprayed clear lacquer over it. i think if you leave the orginal paint on it will rust too once some of the paint start to flake off.

user posted image

Branded NIKE tin case!

user posted image