Blacknight

Suggestions for headphones to be used indoors

Bare in mind Grados are open design hence should you have a noisy aircon, like me, you can still be able to hear it. The closed designs will offer isolation from these nuisances. Otherwise the Grados will be a good buy should you like a forward & bright sounding presentation. The SR80s were my 2nd proper headphones. Once you've listen to a Grado & enjoy it, you will be forever smitten.

N@Z,

SORRY WHAT DID YOU SAY? Ah... had my grado cans on.. couldn't hear a thing other than the music... say whats this ringing noise i get everytime i listen to rock at 'normal' volumes... lol.gif

Thanks guys. So besides the Grado SR80 which is less than my adjusted budget of $200, is there any other recommendations for indoor use only cans which do not need any amplification?

BTW, I've not gotten any response with regards to where I can get a small amp to enhance the sound. Is it worth it to get an amp in the first place?

Oh yes, definitely so. It depends on your budget. Someone is selling a Creek OBH-11 for $250. Go and check it out. I think response on headamps will pour in once everyone here knows about your budget.

For newbies, a good way to experience more expensive and higher grade gears at a fraction of the price would be to buy used stuffs. However, reliability is a risk....especially on public classifieds like singnet. Forum classifieds may be safer.

what's the range price of a small headamp? i am a newbie here but i see that matbon posted a thread showing a "meta mint" which looks to me like an amp. where can i get one of those?

Meta is a DIY amp. If U are handy with soldering iron, pursue this course. Otherwise, best to buy off the shelves. On Cordas, consult Rameish.

There are choices like Musical Fidelity X-cans, Creek OBH-11SE, Project etc....all these cost between $400-500.

btw, blacknight, we are testing the new server at http://adrian.influeix.com/sgheadphones/in....php?act=SF&f=2

Pls click in to help in the testing and talk rot under the sun (will not be backed up after trial).

X-Cans V2 should be $430 or so unless Alpha Audio actually lowers price. f*cked up shop i suggest you want X-Cans get 2nd hand.

The Auctioned Corda looks so good 350 retail is very tempting, I would recommend that plus you directly contribute to the Forum. smoke.gif

The build quality of the Porta Corda II looks great. Shame I've never heard it before. For the price it is a good buy.

FYI guys...just got myself a grado sr-80 and i'm currently burning it as per the guide given.... wink.gif

Congratulations! Where did you get it from?