Sign in to follow this  
evian_vortex

nubbie , asking for tips .

Can the gurus in audio here reccomend me some headphones to use for portable listening ?

I use the IPOD ( 4th gen ) and typically listen to techno , pop , rock and occasionally listens to vocals and instrumental ...

My fren borrow me his K26P , can you guys commend on this headphone too ?

I dunnoe much about Audio stuff ... happy.gif

Depending on what type of headphones you like. For over the ear type, I recommend you get the Koss KSC55.

For those in ear types, you can look at the Senns MX450 or the Creative EP630.

AKG K26P is a fine headphone but if you don't mind the size and price you can give the grado SR60 a try. Suits your music taste at $120. headphone.gif

One note of caution on Grado SR60. It's an open-back design and thus, fully exposed to ambient noise. If you were to wear it outdoors, your music will be severly compromised (noise interference). Look to close-back designs for music on the go.

Some basic questions you should ask yourself & clarify here:

What specifically about the bundled iPod earbuds that you don't like? Fit? Comfort? Not enough bass? Vocals doesn't sound clear? Inadequate isolation from outside noise?

Do you have any specific budget in mind or is money no object?

Do you have any particular preference on the type of headphone you'd like to use? Earbuds, canal type, clip on, behind the neck, full size?

These will assist to narrow down the suggestions/recommendations made.

1. The earbuds supplied by iPod doesn't fit my ear and it frequently drops out from my ear when i'm rushing for school .

2. budget ? About SGD$350 ...

3. I Don't like earbuds , i don't mind canal and Full-size ones ~

Thanks !

With your budget, I would recommend Shure E4's, or the Etymotic ER-4's. These are canalphones. The isolation they provide makes them ideal for portable use. Go with the Shure's for a sound that's more fun and has slightly) more bass, and etys if you prefer something more analytical and detailed.

With your budget, I would recommend Shure E4's, or the Etymotic ER-4's. These are canalphones. The isolation they provide makes them ideal for portable use. Go with the Shure's for a sound that's more fun and has slightly) more bass, and etys if you prefer something more analytical and detailed.

the ety er6i has more bass. wink.gif

That's a pretty good budget.

For something you can wear in a rush I wouldn't recommend canalphones if you've never used one before as it takes a while for you to get used to putting them on & wearing them.

If you don't mind wearing full sized closed headphones, for starters I highly recommend the Sony MDR-7506 which should suit the type of music you mentioned. Costs

Gee ... Thanks , but how does those shure and Etymotic look like ...

most importantly WHERE TO GET THEM ?

From the name , Shure & Etymotic should look cool ( cuz they sound cool too ... )