Sign in to follow this  
headphone2004

Ipod Nano

I don't really think there's a point for a picture screen...unless there's a camera attached. Eventually the gimmick of just being able to display photo's isn't....everyone-ish. Then of course, you've got the 'trend' factor. No doubt fashion-centric's are going to get one the first day it comes out. I'm going to stick with my faithful micro. Headphone jack and hard drive problem both self-fixed. Plus it can take a hell of a beating in the my pocket.

Btw, I think the word 'nano' is SO overused. Creative uses it, HP flaunts it, now Apple likes it. Just makes it sound...cheap (referring to the zen nano - which is cheap.) tongue.gif

I'm still waiting for my iRiver u10... smile.gif

the 512 was out in singapore actually.. at comex.. 10 sets only..

but it wasnt worth the price of 499 excluding cradle

idkfa, Apple won't dissapoint people in term of design. They are alwiz ahead of others. But in sound wise I am not sure.

Yes I do agree with you that apple products are cool. But the problem is that apple's product has an extremely short design appeal/lifespan. They come out with new stuffs so quick that even the diehard fan feels stupid with the previous model.

It's a good marketing ploy for returning consumership but backfires with most who can't afford 2 apples within a year. The imac/ipod 1st gen was a milestone in design only a while ago but I wouldn't want to be seen with it now. The million dollar question is probably how long can the "nano" last till they're replaced. I certainly can't see why they are competing with the "still doing well" ipod mini. wink.gif

Yes I do agree with you that apple products are cool. But the problem is that apple's product has an extremely short design appeal/lifespan. They come out with new stuffs so quick that even the diehard fan feels stupid with the previous model.

It's a good marketing ploy for returning consumership but backfires with most who can't afford 2 apples within a year. The imac/ipod 1st gen was a milestone in design only a while ago but I wouldn't want to be seen with it now. The million dollar question is probably how long can the "nano" last till they're replaced. I certainly can't see why they are competing with the "still doing well" ipod mini. wink.gif

I can't agree with you more. I bought the ipod mini 6gig after I reviewed it.

and it stayed on the shelf for 6 months...and now the nano is out.

hopefully, I'll get it next tuesday at the launch.

I can honestly say, I'm not going to buy the nano..... for now. I think they will come out with a 6 and 8gb. and I will wait to buy the 8gb model.

btw. the ipod mini is now a collectors item. it is no longer for sale.

the nano REPLACES the mini...entirely.

I am not really agree with u. Please compare to creative, how many models & design they have??? I am not against creative (I do owned one also) but they have too many models to choose from compare to Ipod or other brand.

I am not really agree with u. Please compare to creative, how many models & design they have??? I am not against creative (I do owned one also) but they have too many models to choose from compare to Ipod or other brand.

I understand with where you are seeing from.

If I may say in my own opinion, Apple is selling a lifestyle, a mentality, a philosophy. etc. whereas creAtive's products are more mass consumer and "value for dollar" based. But then Apple got big headed and started to market their "lifestyle products" with a mass consumer approach. And that pisses off apple diehards who value their Apple stuffs religiously. Last thing u wanna see is your expensive Apple devalued by another Apple. It's just plain silly how we get such things as "ipod-killers" or "anti-white" accessories... Only years ago, before the imacs/ipods were mass marketed and Apple opened to the general consumer market, they were basically marketed as a pro-consumer and niche product to the creative industry. ie, designers, editors..etc. Now, it's an ipod for you and me and everybody else!!. lol. happy.gif

I guess that no matter how hard the other competitors try, the Apple is always in a different league. You just don't challenge a Bentley with a Hyundai. LOL biggrin.gif

I suppose the fact is that...if Apple DOES somehow, through some bad improbable stroke of bad mojo, lose out in the mass consumer market, they still have their niche to fall back on. Same goes with Creative, should their mp3 line fail, they can always just fall back on their sound card corner. No?

whoa. thanks evil-zen! 15sec bootup is quite a while innit? my njb3 takes about 5-10?

I suppose the fact is that...if Apple DOES somehow, through some bad improbable stroke of bad mojo, lose out in the mass consumer market, they still have their niche to fall back on. Same goes with Creative, should their mp3 line fail, they can always just fall back on their sound card corner. No?

Well, good point there. Apple can still take a gamble. They are already making big money ever since steve jobs, ceo of apple returned and restructured the company. But they want more more more. I can tell you all about their evil marketing tactics on the ibook/powerbooks. LOL. But I guess Apple will always be the Apple. happy.gif

Creative is already losing money big time. And the MP3 industry is only helping a little. Gone are those days where ppl are dying for a creative sb16. Now with the cheap onboard soundcards that sounds nothing short of good, there are simply no demands for creative cards anymore. Not everyone needs audigy or emu these days. Except for the prosumers but they only constitute to such a small percentage of sales... wink.gif Creative should reposition themselves to really make a bigger impact. Look what newcomer iRiver has done. That is one worthy of a fight and definitely inbetween Apple and Creative. Great Form & Great Function. We just need creative to sponsor Nascars. LOL.

I am under the impression that Apple's current niche IS the iPod. It has generated tremendous revenue, not only through iPod and iPod accesory sales, but also look at iTunes and all those Mac converts.

Anyway I was expecting the 5th generation iPod to be announced, and not another flash-based player. But the design really appeals to me (much more than the shuffle/mini), I might just get one if I manage to sell my current iPod.

I'm still waiting for my iRiver u10... smile.gif

same here, but there are rumours of a 8GB version of the iriver u10...wait some more then...

Is the u10 a touchsreen player? Doesn't look like there's any controls...

Also...am getting sick of Creative's lack of quality control for the ZM...just after I 'repaired' the headphone jack problem...the switch can loose...had to superglue it back on.

If there's one thing I have to say about the ZM, it's that it has an excellent design, suits my needs well....but the dammit, I want it to last....