Sign in to follow this  
lypk

anyone with experience on OCS, please comment!

Ok.. just got news that i got posted to OCS.. am i feeling great? I don't know.. cuz i really don't know what to expect of it.. so anyone with experience in OCS, please comment.. xpecially those who are in it now or had been a few batches earlier.. please wacko.gif Anywayz, reporting on mon..

pleasssseeeeee...... im desperate for replies.... no.gif

erm... i was expecting something more detailed.. haha...

ok, maybe should ask something less generic... hows the tekan like? Wat kind of training will i go through? Whats the life there like?? Most importantly (kinda), are mp3 players and headphones allowed?? happy.gif

So many ques.. so little answers..

Edited by lypk

get prepared to suffer for 9 months and enjoy the rest of your tenure till age 45? biggrin.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Yeah officers get to serve another 5 years of reservist. OCS is quite easy, take what you went thru at BMT and multiply by a factor of 2 (thats for the junior term). Take the junior term and multiply by a factor of 2. Thats for the senior term. Then when you get posted to your unit your NCO's will be getting to ready to ROD and really dont give a damn about you. Once they ROD and you get your batch of NCOs then things should get better if your OC is a nice guy, and so is the CO, there are no accidents at training etc. As always a junior officer gets the blame when somthing goes wrong. If you're lucky you get posted to some nice unit where you can relax, enjoy nature and have lots of island gals to chase (jurong island mind you).

Take all the above with a pinch of salt. Enjoy serving your country, then when you're done wonder why you're allowed to play with live ammo, drink etc but cant vote.

Bob Dylan once said...youve gotta serve somebody.

lol.. ok.. doesn't sound so bad.. haha.. how long is the junior term and the senior term?

now officers until 50.. they upped the age if i recall correctly

its all a mental thing i believe. just enjoy the time with yer new found friends. most of the stuff they do is quite enjoyable unless yer an engineer officer then yer in for quite a bit of extra maths work. otherwise it should be quite fun.

have fun. it'll be tough in OCS, but ultimately worth it.

however speaking as a spec, you're going to have a tougher time in unit than me. wink.gif

its all a mental thing i believe. just enjoy the time with yer new found friends. most of the stuff they do is quite enjoyable unless yer an engineer officer then yer in for quite a bit of extra maths work. otherwise it should be quite fun.

Yup, just got my letter when I turned 50... oops now everyone know I ah pek. lol.gif

I think OCS is worth the hassle cos it lets you serve reservist in a slightly better environment. Singapore is meritocracy right???

dry.gif

Not much math work for engineer officer.. Trust me on that..

Most of the officers when I was still serving NSF were pricks without much knowledge..

Idiots who'd promise their platoon that they'd teach them how to use a GPS unit when they've no freakin' clue as to how to operate one..

Afterwhich they'd come around to my platoon (recce) and ask us how to operate it..

Jeez.. If we're nice, we'll help them.. Otherwise, we'll tell them that we navigate by maps and compasses (which we do)..

ahahahaha..

well at least they bothered to ask so thats gotta count for something tongue.gif