max007007

Beyerdynamic DT880 enquires

I've not personally auditioned the Bada PH-1, so no idea how it sounds. But for the price, give me Original Master anytime, which sports an outboard power supply unit connecting to the headamp via pro connectors. Having separate units help to reduce noise interference from the transformer.

may I enquire; does the DT880 comes in 250ohm &600ohm versions?If so what's the diff.in sound & drivability btw. them? Or ,which version should I get for home use? the DT880 on offer at AA is which version? sorry for the noob question...

thks

I have not come across Beyer models with impedance of 600ohms. DT880 is only available in 250ohm.

you better hurry.  was there today to get one from Albert.  He said probably 1 or 2 sets left - i can't remember.

hehe...I've a pair reserved... w00t.gifkicking.gifheadphone.gif

thks

Is the stocks running out a precursor to the new models coming out in 2006? Saw the pics shown on meier-audio. I'm still on the look out for a full sized closed headphone to suit my taste.

Hi NOZ

is that a CD10 or CD72 u r using, great classic player.Looking for a CD10 myself....

Mod Edit

Hi, since I don't want to OT the thread too far I'll answer your question here instead of making another post. It's a CD80 actually. I expect it to be at least 15 years old. I'm the second owner. Still works flawlessly. It's still in its original condition, has the original remote, manual & box!

Edited by N@Z

I am especially taken in by the looks of the new DT990 but I was told the new range sports only cosmetic changes. The other issue is with the new head bands for they don't seem to look less comfy than the current ones.

Edited by Mackie

Hi guys,

I have been using the DT880 for around 2 mths now.

I still couldnt get used to modified long cable.

I think the cable is too long for me to be use with a portable amp.

Any good way of tidy up the cables instead of using cable ties?

Using cable ties is best. If U cut the cable to a shorter length, you risk voiding the warranty. In doing so, you also risk future problems (length) when using the cans with a home system.

sorry for the ignorant question.. what's the price of dt880 now?

been too busy to keep myself updated. hehe

Last offer at $299..if there's still sets available..saw only one set sitting below the test station, and that's about it