max007007

Beyerdynamic DT880 enquires

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that Anything Audio has decided to offer DT880 (with revised straight cable instead of coiled) at a special price of S$399 nett to all forum members from now till the run-up to our forum meet, while stocks last. However, interested buyers are required to print their profile pages to qualify for this discount.

Its a great deal guys.

btw, profile page is the page under "My Controls" or "edit profile"

Click on your SGH ID or the Profile button at the bottom of your post on this page.

Ditto Mackie! Max, sometimes while travelling, I wear my DT770pro with Zen, good enough, but of course, you can't beat if you've a headamp, u realize the shortcomings of direct output. SO finally you bought DT 880, holiday.gif good for you, @ $399? a year ago, u need to pay $450..members have its benefits tongue.gif

Ditto Mackie! Max, sometimes while travelling, I wear my DT770pro with Zen, good enough, but of course, you can't beat if you've a headamp, u realize the shortcomings of direct output. SO finally you bought DT 880, holiday.gif good for you, @ $399? a year ago, u need to pay $450..members have its benefits tongue.gif

Hi elmo, I ordered a PA2V2 few days ago.

Waiting for it to arrive.

Hope it will helps in making the dt880 sounds better.

As you wish but I wouldn't do it form own cans. I rather burn in the cans evenly instead of accentuating on a certain frequency band. PA2V2 will up the ante of any cans, even ear buds. With an headamp, forgot about equalising your source, be it a pcdp or mp3 player.

As you wish but I wouldn't do it form own cans. I rather burn in the cans evenly instead of accentuating on a certain frequency band. PA2V2 will up the ante of any cans, even ear buds. With an headamp, forgot about equalising your source, be it a pcdp or mp3 player.

understooded happy.gif

still waiting for the PA2V2 to arrive

i really wanna get the dt880 for this offer price but what is the cheapest amp that i would have to buy to do justice to it?

portable amp?

I recommend PA2V2.

As for the AC amp that I have no knowledge.

For desktop amps, Original Master (David Watts is selling one on our classified), XiangSheng 708A, Cayin HA-1A, Corda HA-1 are all capable of sounding good with DT880. PA2V2 (cheapest portable amp I use) tends to sound better with high impedance cans (except for HD650 which is slightly less wanting) and suits DT880 well too.

Edited by Mackie