max007007

Beyerdynamic DT880 enquires

maybe that's my set, collecting soon yeah.gif

hopefully my amp.; a NOS Creek 4140S intergrated, can match these cans.It's driving my ATH AD700 nicely

Merry Christmas to all. holiday.gifbeer.gif

Last offer at $299..if there's still sets available..saw only one set sitting below the test station, and that's about it

elmo, is this DT880 still going for $299 at Anything Audio?

How does Sennheiser HD595 compare to this Beyer can.

AhDU (u the local singer?) it is not fair to compare HD595 to DT 880, the correct comparison should be HD600.All I can say, $299 is a steal for Beyer's flagship model.There again, it may even be "stolen" by now - sell out tongue.gif .

unless I'm mistaken, the DT880 is now sold out at Anything Audio.

got mine & the creek drives them real well....

if you actually got one at $299 after my posting, then

I guess I was misinformed...sorry about it.

But if you reserved a set prior to my post, then my info should be correct...

Edited by askl2000

unless I'm mistaken, the DT880 is now sold out at Anything Audio.

got mine & the creek drives them real well....

if you actually got one at $299 after my posting, then

I guess I was misinformed...sorry about it.

But if you reserved a set prior to my post, then my info should be correct...

I had mine reserved by Albert some weeks back....guess its all sold out by now.. kicking.gif

just called them las saturday...stock is sold out....brand new DT880s will arrive by end of January...2005/2006 version sets (i think)...

Any news if there would be an "introductory" price to the new dt880?

Mackie? Anyone?

Cheers!

Edited by ken.ishiwata

Any news if there would be an "introductory" price to the new dt880?

Mackie? Anyone?

Cheers!

just talked to AA a few hours ago...they said that the price for the Beyers will be back to normal at the $400++ range for DT880...and stock won't be in till mid-Feb (tentatively)

Thanks Jmilo!

Anybody has any advice on purchasing from TTVJ.com? How would the warranty work out? The price at TTVJ.com inclusive of shipping is very rather good.

Managed to get a DT880 (2002 version) for $299 at Anything Audio before end of last year. After run-in, for the moment connecting this directly to my integrated amp for listening. For portable amp, is PA2V2 a good match to this cans? Would it improve the bass yet without should harsh on the treble?

Thanks Jmilo!

Anybody has any advice on purchasing from TTVJ.com? How would the warranty work out? The price at TTVJ.com inclusive of shipping is very rather good.

price at meier audio is better...and is inclusive of international shipping...

Managed to get a  DT880 (2002 version) for $299 at Anything Audio before end of last year.  After run-in, for the moment connecting this directly to my integrated amp for listening. For portable amp, is PA2V2 a good match to this cans? Would it improve the bass yet without should harsh on the treble?

I reckon PA2V2 will introduce improvement but do not be misled by this so called improvement as a big jump in bass volume on DT880. If U were to read the opinions by other owners and my dedicated review of the DT880, bass tonality and extension are its strengths and not bass volume.

Consider PA2V2 if you meant to use the cans in the outdoors, otherwise, I suggest a desk top amp for your 880.

Edited by Mackie