feather

Where to buy Shure sleeves?

triple flange is good.. but too good at times.. stuck inside leh.. haha and hard to adjust becos of its inflexibility. i dont really like foam sleeves though, cos dirty easily. i still prefer the clear hard sleeves..

After you got those, tell me how it sound/results. Thanks man! headphone.gif

Bi-flanges VS clear flex sleeves:

1) It's harder to get a good seal with clear flex sleeves, but it's possible. Surprisingly (or maybe not), the clear sleeves are stiffer so harder to get them seated properly in the ear canal. You feel them in your ears more 'cos they're stiffer compared to the bi-flanges.

2) Soundstage feels much wider, music sounds more opened up. Highs are much higher, mids seem to have a slightly better range (but I can't say for sure).

3) But feels like there is less low end (maybe due to the lesser isolation compared to flanges?). Low end sounds less solid. While the low ends have never been boomy or overwhelming with the UM2s, they were tighter and punchier (more "body") with the Comply and bi-flanges. They had more presence, less so with the clear flex sleeves.

4) OK, while it's possible to get a good seal, isolation is definitely diminished compared to Comply or bi-flanges because I can actually hear the hi-end "clicks" of my keyboard as I'm typing--very short, distinct clipping sounds from the keys mellow.gifblink.gif

I think these clear flex sleeves might be good for people who want mid-hi range ... like for acoustic music or whatever. I listen to electronic music and right now, there's not enough "oomph" for me. But my opinion might change with more listening. I'm just doing a comparison between the bi-flanges and clear sleeves at the moment.

Bi-flanges VS grey flex sleeves:

1) Definitely more comfortable than the clear sleeves, feels a bit more comfy than the bi-flanges. It's a bit harder to get stick them into the ears because they're soft, and their stems are shorter compared to flanges--the grey sleeves are more bendable. Have to be careful when removing them, they might come loose if you jerk out the IEMs or at most get turned inside out.

2) Less significant changes in the sound quality, they sound almost similar to bi-flanges.

3) Definitely better isolation than the clear sleeves.

I'd say the grey flex sleeves are more comfortable alternatives to the bi-flanges and less difference in their sound. I'm wondering if maybe because both the flanges and grey flex sleeves are made of similarly soft material, while the clear sleeves are made with stiffer material, hence a noticable difference in sound.

Disclaimer: These are just my first impressions comparing the bi-flanges with the clear and grey flex sleeves. I'll take the clear sleeves out with me for a listen the whole of tomorrow to see if the sound will grow on me.

Right now, my ear canals are sore from changing tips blush.gif

Kudos to vii_haven for offering me the sleeves after seeing this thread! party.gifparty.gif

Thanks for the review on tips. The sound does changes a fair bit with different tips. Yes, i had the same experience as you with my EX71 tips. (A bit loose cos i din really have extra stems to mount it) Less bass and more treble. I still prefer the modded biflanges and complys. yeah.gif

I ordered some yellow foams. Will tell you how it sounds in 2 weeks time. UM1 (Sharing with someone) on backordered. wacko.gif

Ordered liao la along with some ety tips. Once they arrive, i'll see.... headphone.gif

Just received some large and small foam tips from ety for er6i. Both are really extreme in terms of size. Small damn small, large really big. lol.

afbug- the goods have arrived in CA. what happens next - does vpost email me?

Arrived? You got mail!