N@Z

CD-R & CD-RW

Otay you wan I bring something over? Lai headphone or sometin? VCD wink.gif

N@Z, the best way to copy a cd will be using EAC. i assume you have a pc and know how to configure EAC. search on the net for directions on how to set up EAC.

Action/Copy image and create cue sheet/uncompressed. this will copy the whole cd into hard disk with a wav and cue file.

tools/write cd/file/load. point it to the cue sheet. write cd. normally i use 8x or 12x. you can use 4x just to be extra safe.

this is the best method i know so far. no gaps problem or extra seconds added in between gaps.

OK a lil OT: what if involves copying DVD, VDC or data on a disc, what program would be best to use?

It's still CD-R & CD-RW related & it's MY thread!

Sipher,

Thanks but the url isn't complete... here ya go http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/whitepa...Black_CDsII.pdf

I think u guys should try copying one of the cheap cd presses from indonesia or malaysia. Those are the worst cds i've come across and any decent copy should have a difference.

Long story on why slower burns help. Will point you to an article if i find one.

I have but not conclusive... perhaps my cd player was not resolving enough. Friend did and chose Ricoh as it sounded closest to the original but I couldn't hear difference between Ricoh copies and originals audiophile recordings.

I did hear difference between USA and Germany pressing of a Sheryl Crow album. Contrary to common belief, the german pressing sounded better!

I believe none of us here have (or will be getting) a high end (>$5k) CD Playing source so i guess it matters less.

Up old thread. Interesting read here.