N@Z

CD-R & CD-RW

Thanks. Talk about extensive! But there's nothing much on CD-R(RW) when I checked the CD/DVD Media link.

you may want to go www.hardwarezone.com.sg

i think it's www.hardwarezone.com

Same thing Sipher, the .com is worlwide & .com.sg is your local.

i think that most of them don't talk about cdrw is because most of them there are of the opinion that if they were to burn music cds they would rather do it on the cdr rather than on the cdrw. apparently, there is question of the burn quality...however that is very subjective and it also depends on the source you are burning from.... w00t.gif

Edited by Blacknight

Try searching about cd-r in echoloft forum... more info there related to audio than you would get from hwz... even www.audioasylum.com has many threads on this

all the settings? I think most of the default settings are fine, and really I'm no guru on EAC either. but I use "secure" mode under drive options. make sure you have monkey audio installed first if you want it to save as .ape files. mm..I think those are the basic tips. the online documentation's pretty useful, so take a look wink.gif

Ablaze, I just realised something using .ape would mean I can't burn it on to a CD for use on normal players.

OK so what would be better for copying a disc? Maybe I should reiterate that what I want to do is to burn a copy of a CD to CD-R(RW).

Yep, not too good, might be a glitch somewhere. The burned discs can't be played especially the first couple of songs in the beginning. It's certainly fast at burning speed. Maybe once I get the better CD-Rs it might be ok. Will report back my findings.

OK so what would be better for copying a disc? Maybe I should reiterate that what I want to do is to burn a copy of a CD to CD-R(RW).

if thats all you want to do, its not necessary to rip the tracks to the harddisk. just do a complete CD copy using Nero or something. usually works for me. (ALTHOUGH I'm really not sure if thats the BEST way to copy a cd <--disclaimer)

Them Guys hang out tommorw, we hang out in my house lah and maybe work around your problem here!

headphone.gif

Should get some kind of Internet conferencing action going maybe! rolleyes.gif