N@Z

CD-R & CD-RW

Sipher,

Thanks but the url isn't complete... here ya go http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/whitepa...Black_CDsII.pdf

I think u guys should try copying one of the cheap cd presses from indonesia or malaysia. Those are the worst cds i've come across and any decent copy should have a difference.

Long story on why slower burns help. Will point you to an article if i find one.

I have but not conclusive... perhaps my cd player was not resolving enough. Friend did and chose Ricoh as it sounded closest to the original but I couldn't hear difference between Ricoh copies and originals audiophile recordings.

I did hear difference between USA and Germany pressing of a Sheryl Crow album. Contrary to common belief, the german pressing sounded better!

I believe none of us here have (or will be getting) a high end (>$5k) CD Playing source so i guess it matters less.

Edited by fishball79

I have but it's not conclusive since I just used cheapo CD-Rs. Basically the sound (marginally) worse than the original. With the lower quality CD-R losing headroom & air. The unknown factor is of course my burner as I have EAC but need to reconfirm the settings.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Looks like I'm gonna try out the recommendations should I be able to find the CD-Rs mentioned.

So usually what wave format do you guys use for encoding mp3 and the bitrate and stuff for EAC?

I'm using solely EAC rips and compressed with Monkeyaudio to about half the size of the .wavs

Can you guide me how to do the settings ablaze as I only left everything on default on the EAC. After setting the Monkeyaudio compression, what else should I set? Or just leve them default as I noticed alot other settings there.

all the settings? I think most of the default settings are fine, and really I'm no guru on EAC either. but I use "secure" mode under drive options. make sure you have monkey audio installed first if you want it to save as .ape files. mm..I think those are the basic tips. the online documentation's pretty useful, so take a look wink.gif

Thanks, I'm totally hopeless on audio compression. Normally I jus rip using the default setting to .wav

interesting.. using black cds..

I need to buy some and try later beer.gif

Are they just called 'Black' CDs?

The colour of the dye of the CD is really black in colour....just like those you see from original playstation CDs! laugh.gif

Edited by Blacknight

Ah... sorry my bad. So what brands that come in the black dyes?

Thanks again guys.