Sign in to follow this  
neutralzz

Headfi <-----> Hifi

unsure.gifunsure.gif

i used to be a hifi person but took a headfi journey only a yr+ ago.. but it seems that after all these search.. listening, buying, selling and all.. i've still yet.. to discover sonic bliss

i've just gotten myself a pair of old rogers.. and hooking them up with.. less expensive gear.. it seems that the hifi bug's bitten me again, especially with the juicy mids and silky sweet highs that i missed all these while.

and it seems so alluring to.. quit headfi and go back to hifi again..

anyone faced something similar before? going on a long search... and back to square one eventually.. with a.. thinner wallet no.gif

I used to be a hifi person too but went into headphones because family time left me with listening time only late at night. I rather listen to my hifi set than headphones. So I am not surprised at your discovery. Sorry about your wallet. It doesn't matter if headfi or hifi, the wallet gets hurt. no.gif

Both Headfi and Hifi can coexist. Stick to either way will still slim down your wallet. biggrin.gif

Headphones are a compromise, thats for sure. Lack of space for a speaker setup, not being able be blast your speakers because of other family members, kids or neighbours etc are some of the reasons why people turn to headphones. I'd rather listen to speakers if I could!

I like & enjoy a little bit of both.

Me too.

Music is so wonderful whether you have it Hi-Fi or HeadFi. Enjoy the software but many times we are too concerned about hardware and some went broke.

It's your choice as long as you are enjoying!!

kicking.gif

I'm not surprised at all. I started off with head-fi but ended up with hifi. A good speaker setup has definately much to offer than a headphone setup but much more expensive.

i think i'm a into the phase of quitting headfi already.. laugh.gif

quite serious of assembling my own ls3/5a, using stirling cabinets.

i've got a pair of unused kef t27 tweeters already.. friend posting over from uk laugh.gif

just need to get the kef b110 or a better substituent that can handle power much better.. and the crossover done up laugh.gif

I've now officially quit head-fi. Its pretty liberating not to have to wear anything on my head anymore! I was very happy with the sound of my headphone setup, but in the end comfort/ergonomics issues forced me to give it up.

I will quit one day. I usually have a short interest in any particular hobby. Audio is one that can get me my attention longer, so maybe in a few months to max a year, i'll prob move onto something else.

to me, headfi is just a stepping stone towards proper speakers. speakers are $$$ while headfi is so much more bang for the buck.

Edited by evil-zen

yeah, i'll stay with head-fi and what i've got for now

not enough money and no room for proper stereo equipment yet

although i notice some songs are better played with speakers, take pink floyd for example

with headphones it sounds so upfront and "in your head" compared with listening from speakers

but there are other songs that sound great with my current headphone