Sign in to follow this  
matbon0013

Portable CD Player

Wortel, what you might want to try is go to the second hand shops & look for the older Sony, Denon, phillips etc PCDPs who know you might stumble upon some 'past masters' for cheap.

Was it the Sony D-66 we found in one shop Mat? Did you find out whether it's worth getting & easily fixed?

So maybe I should go scrounging in second hand shops. What years were the good ones made? '93? '94? or anything before 2000?

Look for specific models. Plenty to choose from here.

Using a Sony D-F201 bought at $150 in March. Anyone can give me an opinion of how this sounds compared to the cream?

Hey lim go to head-fi.com and look throught the forum on portable. laugh.gif

Hey lim go to head-fi.com and look throught the forum on portable. laugh.gif

Good idea. Wait, that's a loooooong thread.. Woops.

Well, you can't get something for nothing... tongue.gif

Hey guys...

I'm on the look out for either a Sony D626, or a D311LE... if anyone spies any on their ebay trawls, if you could let me know wink.gif

Thanks a lot wink.gif

The Misadventure of my D-303 in Gunmetal

D-303 arrived today after a couple of months of anxious waiting. Won this on German eBay. Seller from Austria sent via post to my cousin in Paris (seller don't ship outside of europe). My sister came and left Paris over the two months period the Discman was nowhere to be seen. Last week I got an email from my cousin that she has recieved the package and forwarded to me via Diplomatic channels w00t.gif

A rather mischievous bugger this, but well worth it. Thet are not lying on HeadFi about the line out on this thing. Pretty awesome for a cute lil' thing......

post-2-1064057184.jpg

Woo that Cool discman .. man matbon013 ... can later tell us how it sound to u .... headphone.gifkicking.gif

hehe...a new baby...would roll your head off tongue.gif

bware....mat's new baby is coming..yet another pcdp under mat's collection

our well-known pcdp collector--mat, is here again...hehe... thumbup1.gif

Put it into prospective, how does it sound compared with the D777.

Initial impressions!

Well simply put the D-303 is lineout king of all my PCDP, where as the D-777 is headphone out king.

D-303 breaks apart in presentation on loud volume levels (using ETY's ER 4S). This is a known procedure to test the headphone out without busting your ears. Whereas the D-777 keeps the music intergrated even in maximum volume no broke highs whatso ever.

Lineout however D-303's presents music with power and asserts control where the D-777 can not match.

Please don't ask me for a review and comparison, they're a plenty in HeadFi. I just want to enjoy my toys, can or not? etys.gif

w00t.gifw00t.gifwub.gif